Where the fenders meet the body......

FUBAR

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
We had very high winds a couple weeks ago and it was throwing small rocks at my Jeep. I checked afterward and found a bunch of tiny rocks stuck in there. They were a pain to get out but I think a soft paint brush is a good idea!

20180601_092046.jpg
Sponsored

Scoobyduto

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram Rebel, 2018 JL Sport S
Was this space between the fenders and body on the JK non-existent? I'd imagine if it were close enough to rub on the body, it would be a bigger issue with all the sand and salt us northern Jeepers have to deal with in the winter months.

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
i am filling mine with dirt and growning whatever shows up >>>>>>>>>>>>Jeep Camo:cwl:

Majestic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKUR, 2019 JLUR
Was this space between the fenders and body on the JK non-existent? I'd imagine if it were close enough to rub on the body, it would be a bigger issue with all the sand and salt us northern Jeepers have to deal with in the winter months.
It was non existent on the JK and it didn’t create any problems.

Sponsored

JLJoy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JLU 3.0 Diesel
Rec'd my order yesterday, took about 15 minutes to do all four fenders. Looks like it should have from the factory. Great video and solution for a good price.

Reactions: Rob

brican

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D 2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Rec'd my order yesterday, took about 15 minutes to do all four fenders. Looks like it should have from the factory. Great video and solution for a good price.
I wish I would have seen that video. I just installed another solution that is a bigger round rubber hollow rope (aka weather strip) with an adhesive back.
What was delivered was tubing that is just over .25 inches with a flat back side that has an adhesive back. It worked but it stands out. I'm probably going to pull it out and get the product in the video.
Link to the product on Amazon is included.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NL4DI2E/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Rock Stop.jpg

JWAustinVTX

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara Unlimited
Rocks love this gap. what's best way to get the tiny pebbles out before doing this?

Sponsored

KeithM

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 06 Duramax, e39 Touring
Occupation
Software
Fwiw, I gave up on the welting. Part of it would come out of place weekly. Not hard or expensive to see if it works for you, just wasn’t for me. I live in sunny SoCal so minor scratches down there don’t worry me. Minor scratches down there would look better than the welting imo.

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
I've used 1/4" rubber beading on my RED Rubicon and my YELLOW SAHARA and I've never gotten ANYTHING stuck in that section of any of the fenders !

SUNP0088_zpsbjwtjzig.jpg

W.E.

JIMBO

Rubi-Zero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon , Audi S5
Vehicle Showcase
Since I have moved from 18 JLUR to a 20 JLUR I have noticed a few minor things that have been improved and tweaked. One of which is the fender gap on the rear fenders. On the 18 the welt would fit down in there pretty easy but on the 20 it is so tight I think it will bust a clip shoving it in to fit.
I purchased a new roll but haven’t got around to trying to fit it in because it’s probably not needed on the rear. this makes me think that the 18’s rear fenders was either not properly fastened to the clips right for a tight fit or they made a change for a tighter fit. There is definitely a difference from the two

Cthehentz

First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I installed the tubing few days after buying the Jeep, little ridiculous yes but it works.

IMG_5452.jpeg

quietpeen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I have this on my jeep and it really does work well, but be careful when washing the jeep with a pressure washer(especially on the rear). There pressure will push it in so far that it no longer is useful. I have to remember to pull it out and reinstall on my passenger rear fender.
Sponsored