Where is my armored glove box?

obiwankabaldi

First Name
Lew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
One of the things I really liked about older jeeps is the space under the seat where you could add the vaulted drawer. Really disappointed when the 2018 did not have the same space. Now I really want an armored glove box, not a console one. Anyone making it? I have looked and can not find one. Anything coming soon?
Sponsored

Magnetdragon

First Name
Erwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jlu!!
One of the things I really liked about older jeeps is the space under the seat where you could add the vaulted drawer. Really disappointed when the 2018 did not have the same space. Now I really want an armored glove box, not a console one. Anyone making it? I have looked and can not find one. Anything coming soon?
I just traded my hard top to a soft top and was wondering the same thing... I don't like the arm rest one by tuffy just since it seems kinda of a PITA install, but if nothing comes out soon I might have to go that route. Might just have to hit up tuffy to see what their plans are for the glove box?

OP
OP

obiwankabaldi

First Name
Lew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
I talked to them a while ago and they told me nothing in the works now. I am disappointed since I do Carry on a daily basis and sometimes do need to leave a firearm in the vehicle. Loved my son's under the seat roll out vault he had.

Swanny297

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL

Firemadz

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Battalion Chief
Tuffy has a lockable option - look in the interiors forum a few members have it already.
https://www.quadratec.com/p/tuffy/security-console-insert-jeep-wrangler-jl
It was already stated that OP isn’t interested in this one.

@obiwankabaldi @Magnetdragon look at the the Diabolical Inc. Slipstream. Obviously probably more that you were looking to spend, but the lockable door behind the rear seat on the driver’s side has some good possibilities to mount a holster for securing a firearm. I’ve considered adding one to mine in that location.

Sponsored

Magnetdragon

First Name
Erwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jlu!!
I talked to them a while ago and they told me nothing in the works now. I am disappointed since I do Carry on a daily basis and sometimes do need to leave a firearm in the vehicle. Loved my son's under the seat roll out vault he had.
Dang, that's disappointing. Maybe I'll have to go with the armrest one then .

Magnetdragon

First Name
Erwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jlu!!
It was already stated that OP isn’t interested in this one.

@obiwankabaldi @Magnetdragon look at the the Diabolical Inc. Slipstream. Obviously probably more that you were looking to spend, but the lockable door behind the rear seat on the driver’s side has some good possibilities to mount a holster for securing a firearm. I’ve considered adding one to mine in that location.
I have a cargo tray in the back so it would not fit. Also I just need to put a handgun in while driving long distances to keep it secure
Sponsored