Sponsored

Where in the world is Chocolate Thunder?

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
When I’ve got some time I’ll post a trail report for the one trail (really a road) that I was able to ride this weekend. Who can guess where it is? Hints: it’s within about 6 hours drive from Houston. It’s not famous. It’s a little bit scenic in its own way. It’s near a lake. Fall colors are pretty. There’s some elevation change.
Sponsored

LKG

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLUR (soon), Gen 2 Cummins, 22 Sport Alt. R.I.P
When I’ve got some time I’ll post a trail report for the one trail (really a road) that I was able to ride this weekend. Who can guess where it is? Hints: it’s within about 6 hours drive from Houston. It’s not famous. It’s a little bit scenic in its own way. It’s near a lake. Fall colors are pretty. There’s some elevation change.
The only Chocolate Thunder I can think of is Daryl Dawkins. Played for the Sixers and the Nets back in the 70's/80's. The man wreaked havoc on a glass backboard. :CWL:

OP
OP
Chocolate Thunder

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
The only Chocolate Thunder I can think of is Daryl Dawkins. Played for the Sixers and the Nets back in the 70's/80's. The man wreaked havoc on a glass backboard. :CWL:
Yes, that’s me. I’m originally from the planet LoveTron. I’ve been known to dunk and shatter a backboard or two in my day.

Jeep Wrangler JL Where in the world is Chocolate Thunder? etick_dawkins06_412

LKG

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLUR (soon), Gen 2 Cummins, 22 Sport Alt. R.I.P
Yes, that’s me. I’m originally from the planet LoveTron. I’ve been known to dunk and shatter a backboard or two in my day.

Jeep Wrangler JL Where in the world is Chocolate Thunder? etick_dawkins06_412
I thought your profile pic looked familar 😂

Sponsored

cornercanyon

First Name
bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR, 2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
. . . realizing each day–
Crystal Mountains near Lake Ouachita in the national forest?

OP
OP
Chocolate Thunder

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
So where I went last week was Broken Bow, OK. I was only there for the long holiday weekend and it was chilly and mostly very wet the entire time. I had the opportunity to drive only 1 trail. It’s actually a real road, although not well maintained. It’s Bee Creek and Dyer Mountain trail. It’s in the Ouchita National Forest and it begins on US Hwy 259 a few miles north of Hochatown and ends up at Cedar Creek Golf Course. It’s just a hair under 12 miles long taking the route I did.

It had been raining heavily for days when I went and let up just as I began so it was as wet as it ever gets. I would not consider it challenging even in a stock Jeep. No steep climbs or descents. The trail is wide enough even though you may get the occasional pinstripe from brush trail side. There are a couple dozen BIG mud puddles that might look daunting. They stretch all the way across the road, there’s no going around. But they’re not that muddy and not deep. Just play straight through and you’ll be fine. The fall scenery is nice but as you near the lake the view is mostly obstructed by the trees. There’s one point where you’ve got a decent view. If you’re in the area it’s worth a couple of hours to check it out
Jeep Wrangler JL Where in the world is Chocolate Thunder? D0828AE4-736D-49EB-B259-96DD8ED77B19

Jeep Wrangler JL Where in the world is Chocolate Thunder? CAE4E3D2-58D7-4EA2-A9BA-EAD4704D98BE

Jeep Wrangler JL Where in the world is Chocolate Thunder? 088067BC-43AE-4C86-A386-E8C1E978344F

Jeep Wrangler JL Where in the world is Chocolate Thunder? 4D831F03-08F2-42C5-BB7C-CEB4D81AE9C6

Jeep Wrangler JL Where in the world is Chocolate Thunder? A78A64FB-F1FB-4CD2-9471-D7E73954B594
Sponsored