Sponsored

Where Have All the 2DR Rubicons Gone?

powderboarder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Chevy Sonic
I just passed 6 weeks (ordered 10/27) and finally moved to D1 this week. Not sure the amount of time there after, but I expect it is longer than two weeks.

JLR 3.6L Auto
Mojito
Black Hard Top
Cold Weather
Towing/Aux Switches
LED Group
8.4" Infotainment Group
Sponsored

dspilman

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon 2-Door 3.6L Manual, 1997 TJ Sport 2-Door 4.0L Manual;
Occupation
Architect
just ordered mine today. Told mid to late March. White Rubi V6, auto. matching hardtop.
Nice! similar to mine except transmission. Mine was ordered 12.28 and is not in shipping status, ETA 02.10-15.

dspilman

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Architect

Sponsored

dspilman

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Architect
What dealer did you order from? Get any discounts?
I’m located in Los Angeles. I called dozens of dealers in SoCal and none of them would drop much below MSRP.

From reading other threads on the forums, I reached out to Jim Marsh Jeep in Las Vegas. They do a flat deal of 5% below invoice. No haggles, no back and forth, easy. My order was $49,000 MSRP, and got it for $43,800. 5% below invoice, 9% off MSRP.

Still have taxes and tags on top of that. But I’m happy.

OP
OP

Nutcracker

First Name
Burl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Rubicon
I ran through local dealers too. I heard about Marsh and approached them. They wanted me to finance and have TLA for 5%. I couldn't find out what the cost of a short term loan was going to be, so passed. I felt the not knowing, around trip hassle and expense wasn't worth it. Kept bugging my local dealer, Crown Dodge Ventura and hit the right time I guess(end of month) and they said they'd do 1% under FWP with TLA. Mine is $44,893. with $500 deposit. JLR, V6, auto., painted hardtop. Tax was something like $3,800 and tags $530.
Dealer had like 50 Wrangler JLU's, 1 JL

OP
OP

Nutcracker

First Name
Burl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Rubicon
I understand FCA is building 8 JLU's to two JL's. What are the odds in time used JL's will be in more demand and have a higher resale value? I am a die hard 2 DR fan and just don't see the 4 Dr as an off road vehicle but just another SUV.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I understand FCA is building 8 JLU's to two JL's. What are the odds in time used JL's will be in more demand and have a higher resale value? I am a die hard 2 DR fan and just don't see the 4 Dr as an off road vehicle but just another SUV.
I think the latest report from one of the auto valuation companies said Tacoma had the highest 5 year value, followed closely by the 4 dr Wrangler then closely by the 2 dr Wrangler. Another company had the 4 dr on top, then the 2 dr and then the Tacoma. Of course that is at the brand level. What you can get will depend on your particular vehicle, what options, what shape, how many miles, where you are. Automotive News reported some dealers are complaining that used Wrangler values are falling because FCA is increasing fleet sales for Wranglers that hit the used car market in more volume and a lower price.

Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Mines hibernating in Toledo in JS status!
Puxatony Phil said it would be an early spring so yours should be coming out of hibernation soon. Now if they can just find where they parked it.

Sgt Krypto

First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 SWorks Tarmac, '19 JLR 6mt V6 Silver, '19 GW3/F350 Silver, '01 996 Turbo Silver, '14 991 Turbo-S White (my daily beater), '19 991 Turbo-S Black
Occupation
Village Idiot, Abu Ghraib Prison Electrician

chain

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2019 JL 2dr Rubicon
Getting ready to order a 2dr Rubicon. Looked around locally to find some to test drive. Crazy how many 4 doors are out there and very few 2 doors.

Jeeprubicongurl

First Name
Brittany
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Subaru STI Limited
Getting ready to order a 2dr Rubicon. Looked around locally to find some to test drive. Crazy how many 4 doors are out there and very few 2 doors.
That’s why I had to custom order my two door! For every eight four doors they make, they only make two two doors

chain

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2019 JL 2dr Rubicon
Yeah we are custom ordering ours. Main reason being if we're paying for a new vehicle, might as well get exactly what you want.

Also want to note, I think it's weird I've seen a few people say "8 four doors for every 2 two doors". Wouldn't you break it down like any other fraction, 4 to 1 instead of 8 to 2? I program CNC's and being a math guy it bugs me lol.
Sponsored