Sponsored

Where does the blue wire hook up at???

JustinB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee, Ninja 650R, Jeep 392, Yamaha TTR230
I went through this hassle and got to this point and nobody had answers. So I did some research and found the curt echo trailer brake which is 100% blue tooth and runs inline with the trailer plug. It’s magical and saved me from pulling more hair out. I tow a 3300lb travel trailer and I’ve never once had a concern about it malfunctioning on me. I did buy a small tablet to run the app on so I can still use my phone for music and navigation purposes but I’ve used my phone for it and it’s awesome. You can see the amount of pressure you are applying so you can fine then it.
Over all I know this isn’t the answer you were looking for. But for those who don’t want to go through the pain this is the way to go
The issue they are having is that they do not have the factory tow package. So, they would still have to run wires all the way back to the rear bumper/frame and install the female trailer connector to then plug in the bluetooth Curt Echo Trailer Brake.

Fortunately I'm like you. I have the Trailer Tow Package and will simply plug in Curt's inline bluetooth trailer brake to the existing connector.
Sponsored

Sargeoverland

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 jlu
The issue they are having is that they do not have the factory tow package. So, they would still have to run wires all the way back to the rear bumper/frame and install the female trailer connector to then plug in the bluetooth Curt Echo Trailer Brake.

Fortunately I'm like you. I have the Trailer Tow Package and will simply plug in Curt's inline bluetooth trailer brake to the existing connector.
I did the install my self, super easy no need to remove the fenders like it says.
but I had a normal trailer brake and I could not get it to work. So I ditched that and just used the curt and it’s great. No need for the factory trailer brake.

JLAUGHTON

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara Manual
Wes, sorry you having such problems.
I installed the tow wiring on a 2020 Wrangler and did not see any issues.

I also tried to install the brake controller, but the control unit is supposed to fit on the left side of the driver foot well, except I have a clutch in that location !!
Will ask dealer where else I can put it.
Following up on my own post, I got the brake controller wiring routed OK, but the jeep would not start ?
Ended up having it towed to the dealership
After a day in the shop, they told me I had nicked some wires in the main loom where it passes thru the firewall. Now they will need to pull the whole dash and rewires those damaged wires (Yuk)
Probably be 10 hours labor
Note to self: Be extremely careful around existing wiring !!

JLAUGHTON

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara Manual
Following up on my own post, I got the brake controller wiring routed OK, but the jeep would not start ?
Ended up having it towed to the dealership
After a day in the shop, they told me I had nicked some wires in the main loom where it passes thru the firewall. Now they will need to pull the whole dash and rewires those damaged wires (Yuk)
Probably be 10 hours labor
Note to self: Be extremely careful around existing wiring !!
Ok so $1500 later I am still trying to get my brake controller working :-(

A few days later....
I went to the dealer today and asked for the ADH sales code to be added.
The technician looked at the vehicle, and said that brake controlled was stand alone and reprogramming would have no effect.
The technician looked at the wiring and agreed that the cable for the Gladiator was probably correct.
(Please see post #16 in this thread)
I switched pins C and D and the flashing red LED (fault indicator) went away.
Now it seems to function correctly (The Blue 7 way brake wire goers active when I press the manual override).

I cannot say how frustrated I am with the Mopar documentation (and the technician agreed with me on the inaccuracy)

Also see this thread: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...ntroller-on-jlu-without-sales-code-adh.78229/

JustinB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee, Ninja 650R, Jeep 392, Yamaha TTR230
Ok so $1500 later I am still trying to get my brake controller working :-(

A few days later....
I went to the dealer today and asked for the ADH sales code to be added.
The technician looked at the vehicle, and said that brake controlled was stand alone and reprogramming would have no effect.
The technician looked at the wiring and agreed that the cable for the Gladiator was probably correct.
(Please see post #16 in this thread)
I switched pins C and D and the flashing red LED (fault indicator) went away.
Now it seems to function correctly (The Blue 7 way brake wire goers active when I press the manual override).

I cannot say how frustrated I am with the Mopar documentation (and the technician agreed with me on the inaccuracy)

Also see this thread: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...ntroller-on-jlu-without-sales-code-adh.78229/
WeW!

Glad you got it working properly.

What a fiasco 🤦‍♂️
Sponsored