Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
Ted,
That P365 looks intriguing. Unfortunately, here in CA, it's not approved. Don't know if it's a requirement that it doesn't meet or just that the mfr hasn't applied/tested the model. So, until something changes, my concealable Sig is a P239 in 40 S&W.

While a 1911 is still my favorite, I've come to favor the Sig double-single trigger for our home D guns and fullsize Sigs are located around the house.

I've been a lifelong fan of the 1911 and still have my first one, a 70 series NM Gold Cup I bought new in 1977. A good number of 1911s have come and gone and I have built up compensated guns when that was the rage. A few years ago, I decided I wanted a Wilson and picked up a Signature fullsize in 45. Around that time, I built up a 9mm on a 1911 Springfield for my wife, doing every trick I could come up with to make it fit her small hands. She really loves that gun.

I'm working on some target 1911s now for some friends.
Used handguns do not have to be on the roster. Find a nice gently used one on Gunbroker and have it transferred to you through your local FFL.
Sponsored

Outlawd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 punk'n Rubicon unlimited, 1968 Plymouth GTX, 1969 Coronet R/T 440 BDS 871 blower 900hp
And always remember, if you ever pull your weapon on someone then you better be prepared to pull the trigger. If you are not prepared for that and the consequences that follow, then you should not even be carrying a weapon. :like:
Very good advice. I've had a permit to carry for many years and if you carry loaded in your car or on yourself as a common practice some could actually forget or get sidetracked and get in a situation where you have a few cocktails not thinking of that weapon at the time but now you just cancelled out your legal permit. Your possibility of big troubles just doubled. Even a harmless pubic intox charge will turn into a very bad deal when your carrying. Just something to keep in mind, If your going to stash a gun in your jeep for a mountain trip just remember its there 2 days later on a friday night bbq with a few buddies and a few cold ones.

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
Ted, that P365 looks intriguing. Unfortunately, here in CA, it's not approved. Don't know if it's a requirement that it doesn't meet or just that the mfr hasn't applied/tested the model.

While a 1911 is still my favorite, I've come to favor the Sig double-single trigger for our home D guns and fullsize Sigs are located around the house.
Sigs are dear to my heart. Last year, one of the local gun stores hosted Sig for two day’s via a road show. I had a chance to meet with reps from the vendor and these guys were a great example of some of the best people who work for Sig. They were friendly and weren’t afraid to talk shop with some of the people who were challenging them on the gun details. The conversation was more than I cared for, but I wanted to see how the wide assortment felt.

The gun shop was selling all Sig models at 10% off and Sig was including the P365 with the purchase of one of their full size pistols as well as including hollow points with certain pistols.

Sig had all of their demo pistols out on display and I was impressed with their 1911 along with their compact version.

I fell in love with their Emperor Scorpion lineup as well as the legion. But I digress: there are a few versions of the P365 and if I recall correctly, there is one now CA compliant.
P365 goes in the pocket every time now a days.
Very nice! Have you shot the XL yet? I had an opportunity to shoot both versions of the P365 about a year ago and both shot exactly as I would have expected a Sig to shoot: very reliable, well balanced with minimal recoil and with combat sights.

thumperer

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
meltmedia.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Founder/BizDev
I didn't find a great retail solution when I first got my JLUR, so I rigged a thing with Velcro under the seat that makes a standard Glock case very discreet and accessible.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
.... But I digress: there are a few versions of the P365 and if I recall correctly, there is one now CA compliant.
I checked both the CA DOJ list and Sig's site. No
P365 models are shown as CA approved. One is MA approved and two are NY approved. I still have my P239 compact and it's easy to carry when needed, since it's a single stack. I'm in Los Angeles county, so EDC is not in the cards since LA county is essentially a no-issue on CCW.

All handguns, used or new, must be on the compliant list to be imported into CA.

This state by state compliance thing is another gun abolitionist tactic.

We're talking about a RV. If that comes to fruition, handguns will play a bigger role in our daily lives on the road, as will knowing the state by state laws. Although I love to gunsmith certain types of guns, mostly side by side shotguns and 1911s, the side by sides are really all I shoot/hunt regularly.

Sponsored

72Blazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72BlazerCrawler 72Blazer12V 88SBDuramax 18JLUR
Occupation
SLP
Back on topic, have some material coming in next week. Going to tool around with a few ideas.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Very nice! Have you shot the XL yet? I had an opportunity to shoot both versions of the P365 about a year ago and both shot exactly as I would have expected a Sig to shoot: very reliable, well balanced with minimal recoil and with combat sights.
I have not shot the XL, but I use the extend mag so it should be about the same size. I am impressed my with P365. I have about 700 rounds through with so far with no malfunctions. This was the first mag through the P365 at 15 yards. It is a very easy gun to like and very easy to carry concealed.

Jeep Wrangler JL Where do you store your pistol / gun? 1591893942435

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
I have not shot the XL, but I use the extend mag so it should be about the same size. I am impressed my with P365. I have about 700 rounds through with so far with no malfunctions. This was the first mag through the P365 at 15 yards. It is a very easy gun to like and very easy to carry concealed.

Jeep Wrangler JL Where do you store your pistol / gun? 1591893942435
Brother, I’m clearly shooting way too far away at my bullseye target in the back pasture. I’ve been shooting from 20 meters and am happy if I hit the 8 or 9 ring. Old habits from training with a former CIA guy, and in the military. I get a little depressed when I’m all over the black at 20 meters. I’m being way too hard on myself. I do stand a lot closer when I do body alignment shooting, without sights.

Nomod

First Name
Brien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S; '05 Pontiac GTO; '12 MBenz GLK; '99 Kawasaki 1500 Vulcan; all purchased new - I tend to keep vehicles a long time
I'm right-handed and, when driving, I wear an open bottomed holster in the cross-draw position for a .357 revolver with a two-inch barrel and spurless hammer. I don't have to hitch my shoulder to draw and the seatbelt doesn't interfere or create discomfort. If I have to leave the gun in the vehicle for any reason, I have a cabled lock box secured to a leg of the rear seat. I also carry an LCPII in my pocket. When my wife is with me she carries my full size 1911 in her handbag. You might ask if I'm paranoid, but as the old joke goes, my response would be: "why would I be?".

Sponsored

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
When my wife is with me she carries my full size 1911 in her handbag.
Not singling you out at all but you bring up a good point which is the necessity to practice how you carry.

The average gun fight lasts seven seconds.

Whatever method of conceal carry someone chooses, with no rounds in the magazine and the gun completely UNLOADED, (triple check) they’ve got to train that way to become proficient.

Proficiency comes by practicing drawing, getting sights on target and dry firing. Also holstering and re-holstering the gun is very important. So is knowing how to clear a malfunction and how to clear the gun and make it “safe”.

Repetition training and acquiring muscle memory could mean the difference between life and death for you and or the people around you.

RSK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Wrangler 2015 Renegade 2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Senior Director of Engineering & Facilities
Last edited:

72Blazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72BlazerCrawler 72Blazer12V 88SBDuramax 18JLUR
Occupation
SLP
Threw this together real quick tonight. Not my best work but gives me an idea of what I want to do once I get back from my trip.

For the gun nazis, this will be for protection for my family on a 3k mile trip out of state. It will be unloaded when not in the vehicle. And additional info for those wondering, magazines will be transported per state law.

B913DDE5-998A-4A3E-8008-D1E4B45C9CDD.jpeg

2692F2C3-DE19-4FDE-BE4D-FCE8AEE6C039.jpeg

A577DBE8-C41A-4C42-B30F-334AA5516BCC.jpeg