Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
LoL he said there is no way a SFC is just going to sit around and relax waiting on deployment, that I need to be actively engaged. He was a good guy and I had spent a lot of time prior at Benning and he knew that. LoL a group of us was deploying with SOCCENT for a JSOC mission so he made us do PT with the RTB every morning, then had us actively engaged at training troops. I love my country so I do what I can, some look at it as punishment I look at it as another training experience that I can learn from. I am just different that way.
I was joking, brother. I had the same attitude. As a platoon sergeant (SFC also), I specifically took the ā€œchallengingā€ troops into my platoon, to turn them into productive, future leaders. Itā€™s an essential part of leadership, as you know, and I LOVED leading and training troops!
Sponsored

MichaelAnthony

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon JLUR, 97 Centurion Dually 7.3, 97 Classy Chassis Dually 7.3, 2016 Ultra Classic CVO
Vehicle Showcase
I was joking, brother. I had the same attitude. As a platoon sergeant (SFC also), I specifically took the ā€œchallengingā€ troops into my platoon, to turn them into productive, future leaders. Itā€™s an essential part of leadership, as you know, and I LOVED leading and training troops!
I knew you were joking just not sure if others were aware of the jest.... I was just throwing more information out there that I am sure you and I have the same opinion on that maybe not most do. I also apologize for going away from original post.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I knew you were joking just not sure if others were aware of the jest.... I was just throwing more information out there that I am sure you and I have the same opinion on that maybe not most do. I also apologize for going away from original post.
And thank you both for your service, btw!

Deleted member 59498

Guys, I may be mistaken, but I think you mean M9, not M92. Video games refer to a fantasy-modified M9 as an M92. There IS a real M92, but I doubt yā€™all fired it on US military ranges. Itā€™s a pistol-modified AK-47. The Beretta 92 is called an M2 by the US military.

Michael, I too ran the M9 ARF range a few times, except I never had enough time or ammo for fam-fire during standard annual qualification to get the Soldiers really comfortable with it. Prior to deployment - yes, there was time and ammo for that. During annual qual though, I was dealing with, among other things, highly-ranked, ā€experiencedā€ Soldiers holding he damn things like Charlieā€™s Angels, up next to their heads, barrel pointing at the sky, with their damn fingers on the trigger while waiting for the range to go hot! šŸ˜†
No not M9 but M92s, Italian police surplus. M9 is US issue. Video Games thinks only M9s exist which is patently wrong.

M92s was an upgrade over the M92 with a decocking safety. US Military uses M9 not M2, M9A1 Marines. M9A3 is the current US issue.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I've got a Wilson Combat Beretta 92G Brigadier Tactical. Man, it is NICE. But it is a safe queen. To pretty to do more than range work. It's as much fun to look at it and hold it as it is to shoot it. It had a custom Wilson Combat trigger job, too, so its easily the best pistol trigger I've ever shot. I think the B92/M9's have a great trigger to begin with.

Sponsored

Bran

First Name
Bran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JLUR Sarge Green
Pics please. I am getting ready to install magnets, but would also consider this.
If these arenā€™t good Iā€™ll take more tomorrow in daylight. Just saw where you asked.

93EE34BB-A999-4E04-81E6-0E8AF5E3467C.jpeg

9B9B2B56-DB18-4B70-9D64-D7A039B711E7.jpeg

BDAE1397-5E3D-460B-99C0-074AB1DA4169.jpeg

johnnyj

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeepless but still a fan.
I wear a shoulder rig covered by a button down shirt when driving long distances in the back country because I don't like the 5oclock position digging into my kidney with my regular holster. If it's a short trip, I put it in the door pocket and reholster on my hip before I get outta the car. In other words, always on me or in my immediate control. Both holsters are aliengear and I've been pleased with each.

Last edited:

2021Nacho

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jlu Rubicon, 2015 Jk sport
Occupation
Semi-retired
So then why is it in a pocket?

Alien gear made a clip that allowed a paddle holster to be attached. On the body when out of car and easily transition to the clip when in the car.
Love my aliengear IWB...works great with my SR40

AlgUSF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUS, 2014 Tundra, 2013 Odyssey, 2002 Civic
Modded a WPNZ Gear bracket

Jeep Wrangler JL Where do you store your pistol / gun? BDAE1397-5E3D-460B-99C0-074AB1DA4169

Jeep Wrangler JL Where do you store your pistol / gun? BDAE1397-5E3D-460B-99C0-074AB1DA4169
As far as I understand this is definitely not a legal configuration in the State of Florida. Probably is in Tennessee and Kentucky. In Florida, it is probably best to keep your center console free of junk and rig a holster in there.

Sponsored