Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
My gun goes right next to my popcorn chicken
Jeep Wrangler JL Where do you store your pistol / gun? Nuggets .JPG
How much popcorn chicken does one man need? Common sense chicken regulations such as background checks, waiting periods and popcorn chicken registrations would solve this problem.

UUBob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR; ā€˜95 Land Rover Defender 90
How much popcorn chicken does one man need? Common sense chicken regulations such as background checks, waiting periods and popcorn chicken registrations would solve this problem.
Not to mention limiting the high capacity of those cups! ;)

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
In Texas, we just hang it on the rear-view mirror!

Great question... I am curious as well. In my current vehicle, I keep it under the driver's seat. I have my LTC, but ANYONE can carry it in their vehicle in Texas as long as it's concealed. It's almost expected that you carry. In fact, I think you'll get a ticket if you DON'T have a gun! Lol!
LOL. Actually by doing so you protect the gun hating weenies too. haha.

I dont have a REAL secure spot to carry. I just keep it in my stock console. Not sure if I need a secure spot. I only have it when I'm on remote trails and take it out when I hike. Although lately with the nutjobs rioting it has been in the console quite a bit lately with the wife demanding that I bring it.

Sponsored

Prioritypest

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 2019 Land Rover Discovery 2020 Jeep Willys
136 mile round trip so i have to two fist it to make the trip worth while. I am not even sure its chicken, its at a gas station in Gila Bend. But it is delicious. Gun is in the cup holder/slash cubby only in anticipation of my waist line expanding after i eat all these other wise its at 12 o'clock pointed at my weewee.

Covet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR, 22 392, 22 4xe JLUR sold x3, 24 392
My gun goes right next to my popcorn chicken
Jeep Wrangler JL Where do you store your pistol / gun? Nuggets .JPG
Just might be one of the best pics i have seen on these threads. Totally makes me think of something my baby brother would post - and he is one of the funniest people that i love :)
good job!

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
...Gun is in the cup holder/slash cubby only in anticipation of my waist line expanding after i eat all these other wise its at 12 o'clock pointed at my weewee.
This is a safe space, we already know about your chicken so answer this honestly:

Have you ever reached for your ā€œchickenā€ but then touched the gun accidentally?

Sponsored

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport 2dr Sting Gray manual
Every vehicle I've owned in the last 15 years have had a hard plastic door pocket that I clipped my holster on as if it was my belt. This net thing door pocket is just to flimsy to hold it up. So.... Looking for opinions.
just remember you won't be able to hide it away from Biden

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Pocket pistol stays in the pocket. Larger frame pistols go on a magnet or in the center counsel, and then the big pistol goes in the cubby in the back.

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
Iā€™ve put a lot of tactical thought into this, due to my experiences while carrying daily in the military, and recent events.

I have a CCW, I carry daily, and itā€™s either appendix carry or IWB hip carry, and itā€™s rather large - an XDm .45. I considered a vehicle holster for my Jeep for awhile, but then I had some hesitation.

The two most vulnerable times for a driver are when you exit and enter the vehicle. I have to place my holster back in my pants, if Iā€™m not carrying on my person in the vehicle, when I exit, standing next to the Jeep. I have to pull it out of my pants when I enter my Jeep while standing outside the vehicle. This puts me at a tactical disadvantage at those two vulnerable points.

Let me just say I hope I never have to shoot anyone. A little over a year ago an unfortunate young man tried to mug me with a knife. I chose NOT to reach for my gun in that split second, partially because he was in contact range. Instead, I severely broke his arm and sent him wailing on his way down the sidewalk. Then again, I have over 40 years of training in various arts, and am a certified Army Combatives instructor. Fortunately, I have options.

If you carry a gun, I strongly suggest getting training from a certified professional in all aspects of combat handgun marksmanship, and after that training, train, train, train on your own. Then, pray you never have to draw your weapon.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Iā€™ve put a lot of tactical thought into this, due to my experiences while carrying daily in the military, and recent events.

I have a CCW, I carry daily, and itā€™s either appendix carry or IWB hip carry, and itā€™s rather large - an XDm .45. I considered a vehicle holster for my Jeep for awhile, but then I had some hesitation.

The two most vulnerable times for a driver are when you exit and enter the vehicle. I have to place my holster back in my pants, if Iā€™m not carrying on my person in the vehicle, when I exit, standing next to the Jeep. I have to pull it out of my pants when I enter my Jeep while standing outside the vehicle. This puts me at a tactical disadvantage at those two vulnerable points.

Let me just say I hope I never have to shoot anyone. A little over a year ago an unfortunate young man tried to mug me with a knife. I chose NOT to reach for my gun in that split second, partially because he was in contact range. Instead, I severely broke his arm and sent him wailing on his way down the sidewalk. Then again, I have over 40 years of training in various arts, and am a certified Army Combatives instructor. Fortunately, I have options.

If you carry a gun, I strongly suggest getting training from a certified professional in all aspects of combat handgun marksmanship, and after that training, train, train, train on your own. Then, pray you never have to draw your weapon.
I used to carry a large pistol, Glock 21, a 1911, then a Glock 23, They are heavy and a pain to carry and conceal. Always had to be aware of the type of clothes I was wearing and many different holster. There were often times that I would not carry because of the hassles and would just rely on situational awareness.

Then this gun came out SIG Sauer P365. The P365 with the extended mag and a light can easily be pocket carried while wearing just about anything. So, that's what I did. Now I carry a P365 loaded with +P+ 9mm ammo. When it is in my pocket, my gun is against my leg and my phone then goes to the outside of the pocket. So there is no gun outline or print in the pocket even when wearing athletic short. Literally carry it in any of the pants and shorts that I own. This gun made it easy to carry concealed and so I do, After all a carry gun and home is worthless when you are out and about.

Having different options is always best. If someone does not know how to fight or defend themselves, join a boxing gym, or take some martial arts classes. One does not need to be a black belt, to understand the basics and have the opportunity to learn that you can take a hit, it might hurt, but you can overcome and keep functioning. There are so many people that have never been in a physical altercation and have never learned to take a punch or to give a punch and what their limits are.
Sponsored