First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
I’m not going to crap this thread with political crap on what to do or not to do.
What political crap?

BTW, Cobretti didn't need no stinking gun. :)
Sponsored

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
I store all my guns in a locked safe - at home....Bet that put a crimp in their day.
Most people on this thread are looking for locations and holsters for their vehicles that are a bit more comfortable places to store their firearms in while in their Wrangler.

Whiskeybiskit

First Name
Donny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL wrangler sport s
Vehicle Showcase
I have a S&W m+p shield I take with me on the trails. While driving it's on a magnet attached to the side of the center console, not driving it's holstered on me. If I have to leave it in the jeep, for a short time, I have the tuffy security console insert with combo lock.

Sponsored

GtX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
I store all my guns in a locked safe - at home.

The police officers in Minneapolis are living proof that our lives can change in a nano-second due to an error in judgment. [isn't that the understatement of the year]. The chance of my doing something life-ruining with a firearm is hopefully remote, but it's certainly way more likely than being attacked while I'm out and about and needing a gun.

The Georgia father/son who killed the black jogger are a very recent example of the potential repercussions of carrying in your vehicle. They just so happened to have guns with them. Bet that put a crimp in their day.
An error in judgement? That is the understatement of the year.

I wouldn't consider either of the crimes you mentioned errors in judgement. Premeditated seems more appropriate for both.

Geronimo

First Name
Boltz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU , 2018 JLUR, 2023 JLR all DDs
My wife carries all the guns while I drive and then vice versa.

IMG_20180511_192011833 (002).jpg

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport 2dr Sting Gray manual
yes, just like Canada , I think we can still carry shaving razors and nail clippers in our luggage if am not mistaken but Trudea is getting ready to ban that too

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
I wouldn't consider either of the crimes you mentioned errors in judgement. Premeditated seems more appropriate for both.
You’re not wrong: there is a difference between a) STOPPING a threat and b) KILLING a threat.

The mainstream media enjoys ad revenue thru viewership and also thru clicks, likes and either free/paid subscriptions. If they can scare the public and or stir emotions, people will listen or buy in and then they can control and or manipulate behavior which will result in them generating more ad revenue.

With the events that @rickinAZ pointed to, most people are placing the REAL issue of violence on the back burner and are focusing on two things that stir emotions: guns and race. Combine those two, report about it and the media will have a gold mine in ad revenue.

Because people will listen and the coronavirus has overstayed it’s coverage reporting. That is all.

Reactions: GtX

Sponsored

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
I store all my guns in a locked safe - at home.

The police officers in Minneapolis are living proof that our lives can change in a nano-second due to an error in judgment. [isn't that the understatement of the year]. The chance of my doing something life-ruining with a firearm is hopefully remote, but it's certainly way more likely than being attacked while I'm out and about and needing a gun.

The Georgia father/son who killed the black jogger are a very recent example of the potential repercussions of carrying in your vehicle. They just so happened to have guns with them. Bet that put a crimp in their day.

I've been a gun owner for 44 years, and I live in a no-permit concealed carry state, but my guns are all for sporting purposes. In fact, I've shot sporting clays, and hunted quail not far from where the Georgia jogger was murdered.

Be careful out there guys.
It’s certainly your choice not to carry. The father/son thing is a horrible tragedy...but my choice to carry does not create even a remote possibility I would do the same thing. It is offensive to my senses to think otherwise. I want a safe/secure/hidden location in my Jeep to store my weapon when it is illegal to carry. For instance I drive long distances to go off-roading and I want a firearm when I’m on the trail. A gun safe at home is not an option. I want an under the front seat lock box like my JK had, but that’s not available.

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
It is offensive to my senses to think otherwise.
Good on you.

There are some people who lack self control & impulse control and know that in the presence of a firearm, they will feel obsessed and compelled to brandish it and use it in situations where there is no need for deadly force.

These types of people are better off not having access to a firearm given their weakened mental state, their inability to control their impulses to not act on harmful ones which call on them to hurt others and or themselves.

Silverblkrilla

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase

jdubya421

First Name
Jakob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2-Door MT V6
Build Thread
Link
You’re not wrong: there is a difference between a) STOPPING a threat and b) KILLING a threat.

The mainstream media enjoys ad revenue thru viewership and also thru clicks, likes and either free/paid subscriptions. If they can scare the public and or stir emotions, people will listen or buy in and then they can control and or manipulate behavior which will result in them generating more ad revenue.

With the events that @rickinAZ pointed to, most people are placing the REAL issue of violence on the back burner and are focusing on two things that stir emotions: guns and race. Combine those two, report about it and the media will have a gold mine in ad revenue.

Because people will listen and the coronavirus has overstayed it’s coverage reporting. That is all.
Call me whatever, but I dont think people are marching in every state because its a media click tactic to bring up race. The BLM movement wasn't created by the media. The REAL issue is violence targeted on a race.