Sponsored

Where do you store your pistol / gun?

Fuel Fire Desire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S, 2020 JT Sport
Coydog? There was a lot of concern in Eastern Canada about Coywolfs. Kinda big like wolf, kinda slinkers like coyotes.
Not exactly sure on the hybrid. Maybe dogs, maybe wolves (recently transplanted into MI). I’ve heard both terms used (coydog/ coywolf). About German Shepard sized, coyote tail, face of a wolf, darker in color than a coyote. The DNR said they sport hunt, often just leaving a kill. I had one try to force me into an ambush. No fear of me, walked up making noise, intentionally trying to cut me off from my Jeep and force me off to my right where the rest of the pack was. I didn’t see the whole pack then, but later in the year I had about 6 circle my campfire from about 30 yards off. Keeping distance, but observing me. They only approach if I’m out alone. Hear them most nights on that property.

The incident with the alpha trying to cut me off from my Jeep was the one and only time I’ve put my hand on my pistol. I called the DNR after to report the event. The officer said I should have drawn on it and shot it.

I didn’t even draw on the black bear that stepped out in front of me by 15 yards on a hiking trail. We shared an awkward “OH……you’re there…..” moment, but it was clear he was just passing by. That coywolf definitely had malicious intent. I could post the full story of the encounter, but it’s going to be a massive block of TLDR text.
Sponsored

mksalvini

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Firecracker Red Sahara
I have a gum creek holster mount under steering wheel,, in my current vehicle, will this work on the wrangler?

Fuel Fire Desire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S, 2020 JT Sport
I have a gum creek holster mount under steering wheel,, in my current vehicle, will this work on the wrangler?
Depends on how big you are. I’m 6’5”, and I need every bit of room in the drivers area as possible. Putting a holster there for me would have my knee constantly banging into it while entering and exiting.

Wranglernator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Wrangler (sold); 2021 Sting Gray Rubi Unlimited
Occupation
Evil Overlord
At our recent camp site,

What animal eats berries......

These pics were taken within 50 yards of our camp site on the north shore of Lake Michigan in the UP.

1638911975467.png
Maybe a coyote? Not a mountain lion, as they have retractable claws. I see vomited/poo'd berries a lot in my SoCal neighborhood trails, just assumed it was deer.

Sponsored

wnorton

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU, F350
i personally prefer gun magnet positioned under the dash. As of this writing I don’t know where a magner will be mounted in a JLU. Ask again next spring after I take delivery of my new Jeep. (Grin).

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Has anyone on this forum heard of someone needing a handgun on the trail ?
I did. I also needed my rifle. Was dealing with a hostile group of Jeepers on the trail. Bit of a story as to WHY they were hostile to me but some examples of their acts were: throwing a lit cig at my wife holding our infant, talking about "if he didn't have that gun...", and topics like people disappearing in mineshafts all the time.

Mudduck

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys 4door
I keep my FN509c on me. I use a “on your 6 designs’ IWB holster and mag carrier.
Jeep Wrangler JL Where do you store your pistol / gun? 35B899A0-557A-49FB-B8F5-610B831702A2

Last edited:

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I did. I also needed my rifle. Was dealing with a hostile group of Jeepers on the trail. Bit of a story as to WHY they were hostile to me but some examples of their acts were: throwing a lit cig at my wife holding our infant, talking about "if he didn't have that gun...", and topics like people disappearing in mineshafts all the time.
In Kentucky, West Virginia and Tennessee it is common for locals to make whiskey out in the woods. We were riding ATVs in the mountains of Tennessee years ago and came to a fork in the trail. There was an old boy there on an ATV with a shotgun. He stated to me, this is where you all turn around or head down this trail. The body language and tone of voice was on the verge of threatening and direct. We were just out riding random trails so off we went in a different direction. Point is you never know what your going to run into. I am just glad that on that day he was more of the move along and there will be no problems kind of day instead of a fuck there can't be any witnesses kind of day.

MtCamper

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlUR White Rubi, 2018 GMC 3500 Duramax,
Occupation
Retired Snowbird
I couldn't find a spot on the Jeep for mine. I ended up with a door pocket from Jeff's store. It claimed to fit JK and JL but it sure doesn't fit a JL but I mounted it anyway cause the original net was starting to sag like an old pair of underwear. Have it say it holds my pistol real nice and it's right there but out of sight. As for "have I ever need a gun on the trail"--no. But I've sure been comforted by having it. Just last month south of Yuma in the Barry Goldwater we encountered 5 guys dressed in black, hiking with backpacks. They took off as soon as we saw them (we called the BP but they never found them, more gotaways). We did the same as wibornz and turned around. The first rule of carrying is to avoid having to deploy a weapon. Sacrifice your pride and back down. Report the contact to the guys who are professionals. I always open carry in bear country but I always have bear spray as well. In national parks I conceal carry. By their rules I can legally posses but can't use a firearm-??? Make sure you have bear spray, not people spray. Bear spray comes in a larger size (bigger is better) and by being called bear spray is not hazardous to people so it is welcome in more places-like Canada and the PRC.

Sponsored

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Despite being well-satisfied with my CT lasergrips, I've only shopped Trijicon and Holosun RMR sights to date. What are your thoughts regarding the electronic CT sight sitting on the FN's slide?

AEDRUBI

First Name
AED
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL RUBICON
There’s enough space under the dash, beneath the steering wheel, to mount a S&W airweight 38, using a magnet, and enough of a hollow to mount a glock 19 under the dash up against the driver side sidewall.

Theres a gun magnet called ‘Ghost’ that goes for around 10 bucks, it has a holding weight of 30 lbs, with rubberized surface.

Under the steering wheel, there are some cross support brackets that you can zip tie the magnet to, but on the interior sidewall, you’d have to use the adhesive tape.

Jeep Wrangler JL Where do you store your pistol / gun? D4290FCE-22FA-4E7F-92B3-EA13CC46AF2E

Mudduck

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys 4door
Despite being well-satisfied with my CT lasergrips, I've only shopped Trijicon and Holosun RMR sights to date. What are your thoughts regarding the electronic CT sight sitting on the FN's slide?
I have had zero issues with it, stays true. After 350 rounds post sighting, no adjustments needed. Prior to the CT, I’ve only used Holosun myself. For the price $137, I don’t feel i went wrong.