Sponsored

Where do you Off Road at near Louisville Ky?

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Will be heading there for a long weekend near the end of the year and want to wheel somewhere in Kentucky while I am gone. I am coming from Michigan, but do not care if I have to drive past Louisville to wheel.

Big Thanks for any help you can provide.
Sponsored

timn1984

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2018 JL Sahara,Dodge Journey 2012, Toyota Camry 2015
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
Will be heading there for a long weekend near the end of the year and want to wheel somewhere in Kentucky while I am gone. I am coming from Michigan, but do not care if I have to drive past Louisville to wheel.

Ted, well I'm embarrassed to say I have not been there, but Dirty turtle Off Road Park is closest to Louisville. Sort of Up river a little and a little east. I've heard it was nice. Not HUGE but lots of trails for the BIG boys and little ones.
https://www.dirtyturtleoffroad.com/

JeffI

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Rubicon
Blue Holler around Mammoth Cave I hear is pretty good. May need to check ahead because sometimes they have events going on or it’s closed. That’s a little south of Louisville though.

Jamrock

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki

You really know how to retire.:clap:

OP
OP
wibornz

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
You really know how to retire.:clap:
Thanks, I started planning about 25 years ago....

We are doing the light show in the cave in Louisville. I am taking a big group from our Lansing Area Jeep Club down.

This is kind of our loose plan. There is a cave that you can drive through and it is about 17 miles long and they do a big Christmas/holiday light display in the cave.

https://lightsunderlouisville.com/?...XV5d1Uql1-t3f7tTCVUaZP6Ch52hNqc1nzVPb5U_hF4#/

I was like what ever at first, but hey I get to drive my Jeep in a cave for 17 miles and all the Jeep girls are signing up to go on the trip.

Then we are going to go to this Off Road Park.

http://blueholleroffroadpark.com/

Their facebook page is way better than their website.

Right now there is about 19 of us going.

Pootytanger

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR EcoDiesel
I live in Louisville. I drive to red river gorge about 2 hours East to off road and camp. Look up the Daniel Boone Backcountry Byway. Start in Slade, KY and you can hit several trails within a few miles of the exit. I’ve done several in a stock Nissan Titan Pro-4x and they were technical at times but I never got stuck. Mix of 4 Hi and Lo. Occasional mud pits this time of year. Enjoy!
Sponsored