First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLU Rubicon 3.6 V6
Occupation
Medical Affairs
I used the one from Dominion, but removed it because of the rattle problems and it was in the way of mounting a Power Tank.
Did it interfere with mounting the 10 lbs Power Tank to the roll bar?

JeepFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport 2-door
If you have your Jack mounted please post a pic. I need ideas.
Here's how I did it on my JKs. I just drilled a 1/4 inch hole in the top of the front hooks, then bolted on a short piece of flat aluminum bar with another hole for the bolt (with wing nut) to go through the jack. Sorry I can't show a closeup photo because I no longer have the JKs; but will if I do the same on my JL when I get it. Easy to remove when I wasn't going off road.

Jeep Wrangler JL Where do you mount your hi lift? Hi_Lift_Mount.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL Where do you mount your hi lift? Hi_Lift_Mount.JPG

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
The front bumper, about as low as possible for both ease of access and center of gravity. The hood mount seems fine, until you're wrestling the jack in a rainstorm, or even worse after using it in the mud and you drop it on your hood. The roll bar mount is both too high and I don't want this jack dropping whatever slop I just had to use it in on my gear or interior. The only other place I considered was the rear tailgate, but to each his own. I used 2 factory bolt holes, some 3/8" all thread, some rubber
stoppers, and some wing nuts, so the total cost of ~$8 was also attractive.

Jeep Wrangler JL Where do you mount your hi lift? 20201128_131851

Last edited:

IceBerg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XR 392
That's nice that its out of teh way but if you ever need to use your jack the thing will be covered in dirt, mud, and road grime and be a bitch to clean to make it work.

Sponsored

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
Yeah--position is subject to EVERYTHING--,BUT

If you put the HILIFT VINYL COVER on it--NO PROBLEMO!

JIMBO

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
That's nice that its out of teh way but if you ever need to use your jack the thing will be covered in dirt, mud, and road grime and be a bitch to clean to make it work.
Odds are I'm using it in a mud hole, it would be a shame if it were dirty when I started? It would be much better to climb from the mud into the back of my nice clean jeep and retrieve the nice clean jack to throw into the mud. I live it west, rust, ice, etc aren't really an issue. In fact that exact hilift has been mounted to the outside of one of my jeeps, parked outdoors, for at least the last 12 years. The pins holes in the handle are starting to wallow out, causing some sticking issues, but nothing related to being mounted outside has ever been an issue. If I didn't have an external mounting means, I probably would have left the jack in the woods more than once as there's no way I'd be bringing that drippy, muddy mess inside the JL.

JeepFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport 2-door
Here's how I did it on my JKs. I just drilled a 1/4 inch hole in the top of the front hooks, then bolted on a short piece of flat aluminum bar with another hole for the bolt (with wing nut) to go through the jack. Easy to remove when I wasn't going off road.

Jeep Wrangler JL Where do you mount your hi lift? IMG_0810.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL Where do you mount your hi lift? IMG_0810.JPG
Here it is on my 2021 JL:

Jeep Wrangler JL Where do you mount your hi lift? 20210604_060036

Jeep Wrangler JL Where do you mount your hi lift? 20210604_055955

EricP

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
revkit.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2 Door
Found these on eBay for a 2dr JL (it’s actually black and not red).
The seller (mardicosol_0) said he has a few more left, but I haven’t seen him create a new listing since I purchased.
Jeep Wrangler JL Where do you mount your hi lift? 051D50C6-3F63-405A-AFBD-B668E3A78DCA
Jeep Wrangler JL Where do you mount your hi lift? 8242095C-2BFE-4CBB-9855-803D7DA71CFA
Jeep Wrangler JL Where do you mount your hi lift? DAE04BE2-7ED7-483C-9E7E-9C00144ECF17
Jeep Wrangler JL Where do you mount your hi lift? 6DA71CE1-BACC-44F0-AEE7-B1C6B0E1609F