Sponsored

Where do you connect subwoofer audio cable on your JL?

JeepJL18

First Name
Jeep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I will not be participating in this forum as of 8/31/2018. It's been a fun ride, but it's time to move on. Take care. - Dustin
Occupation
For those who installed an aftermarket sub, where did you hook into your audio cables from your existing speakers? I installed a nice setup on my TJ, but i had to take out the dash, etc, blah blah, and don't wanna do it this time.

I guess the only speaker that aren't mobile (doors speakers) are the speakers upfront is that I could 'tap' into.

What did you guys do?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Maui-1

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
For those who installed an aftermarket sub, where did you hook into your audio cables from your existing speakers? I installed a nice setup on my TJ, but i had to take out the dash, etc, blah blah, and don't wanna do it this time.

I guess the only speaker that aren't mobile (doors speakers) are the speakers upfront is that I could 'tap' into.

What did you guys do?
Type this into the search, it might help
Upgrading Non-Alpine Audio

Sting_NC_USA

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase

What did you guys do?
Dustin, there's also a complete thread here: "Adding an aftermarket Amp(s)," though the simple answer to your question is that there are two twisted pairs of wire that lead from the floorboard behind your passenger seat in the pillar. Those two twisted pair wires feed the left and right channel of the soundbar. You can tap into those to feed your Line Output Converter. I know the referenced thread is pretty detailed, as the author is a bit wordy, though it should serve you well. Good luck!

OP
OP

JeepJL18

First Name
Jeep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I will not be participating in this forum as of 8/31/2018. It's been a fun ride, but it's time to move on. Take care. - Dustin
Occupation
Dustin, there's also a complete thread here: "Adding an aftermarket Amp(s)," though the simple answer to your question is that there are two twisted pairs of wire that lead from the floorboard behind your passenger seat in the pillar. Those two twisted pair wires feed the left and right channel of the soundbar. You can tap into those to feed your Line Output Converter. I know the referenced thread is pretty detailed, as the author is a bit wordy, though it should serve you well. Good luck!
Thank you for the cliffsnotes sir! If this was a medical procedure, I would read the entire, lengthy thread, but this is connecting 2 tires, lol.

Thanks again!!
Sponsored