Sponsored

Where did you Ground on passenger side for aux switches?

NickTinVA

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon
@NickTinVA

Where in the removal process are you having an issue?

Watch this video from about frame 11:42. Shows you how to remove...
The module which receives the door electrical doesn't want to go anywhere (I can unplug the door, but the module stays put contrary to the video). Where he says "there's a little tab behind it" - I have no idea what he's talking about or how to release it. Other than cutting my fingers to shreds feeling for it... :)

I know it isn't helpful, but if I may vent for a moment. I don't understand why Jeep would put the wire bundle right there, easily accessible, but not give you an equally easy grounding point. Very frustrating.
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@NickTinVA

Come on Nick give it another go. That little black plastic thing that you have to prod a bit with a screwdriver so it releases that harness is right friggin there. Trust me it is there...

HERE .... watch this video, it is clearer in regard to the little black plastic release thing.. Watch where the tip of the guys finger points..

NickTinVA

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon
You're a very patient man - thank you :) You can probably tell I've been wrestling with this ALL DAY. Heading back out to try now - those pics and the video are much clearer. Thank you very much!

NickTinVA

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon
@Rhinebeck01

Okay - update - you are my hero. The tab was bent all the way inside the module, so I never would have found it without what you posted so I could see what I was looking for. Once that came off, I didn't need to even take the entire panel off to get to the grounding post. I hit the nut and the inner washer with a file, and I was off to the races.

Can't thank you enough - it's been a frustrating day. My next problem is my SWR is pegged high, but that'll have to wait until next weekend.

Cheers, and hearty thank you,
Nick

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@NickTinVA

Glad you got-er done.. Curious what were you wiring up to Aux, today?

NickTinVA

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon
@NickTinVA

Glad you got-er done.. Curious what were you wiring up to Aux, today?
Installed the CoolTech rig for CB. Took the JL out on the trail two weeks ago and the handheld (not surprisingly) wasn't cutting it. I couldn't be heard unless they were right next to me. As a funny aside as to the kind of day it's been - I intended to hook up the CB to the ignition lead, but that is a very similar color to Aux 3, so guess what...? Yep. That's okay, I'll leave it there for now since I don't have another use for that lead at the moment.

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
So I don’t know crap about wiring. Going to install 4 cube lights tomorrow. Can’t iroute the hot wires on all four to aux 3? Will it be to much for just a 15 amp line? Would it be ok to run all the hot wires to a single wire and then connect that to aux 3. Or with 4 lights do I need to use the 40 amp aux 1 or 2? Same question for the ground. Just 1 line that is connected to all four grounds. Then to the ground on the jeep ?

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
Need help. Awwwwwg. Started to put the cube lights on have several questions see above and one big problem. Thought I had everything wired just right. But my ground was too short. So I see this. What I think was a ground and hooked my ground to that the red wire from the light was connected to the #3 aux wire blue 15 amp. Battery and main ground on fender were dis connected. So connected my ground to that other terminals it is the closest tothe air box. I look away walka few feet from the jeeep. My new off road lights are on! Check the inside no light on the aux switch panel. Batt and ground are dis connected. So what is that thing. I am guessing it must be part of the start stop. Second battery ? Your thoughts.

Second problem. Putting on side shooters. On hood. The bolt is too long and rubs the paint. Shortest bolt or higher riser for the L shaped brackets?

Sponsored

Mikester86

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
@Rhinebeck01

Okay - update - you are my hero. The tab was bent all the way inside the module, so I never would have found it without what you posted so I could see what I was looking for. Once that came off, I didn't need to even take the entire panel off to get to the grounding post. I hit the nut and the inner washer with a file, and I was off to the races.

Can't thank you enough - it's been a frustrating day. My next problem is my SWR is pegged high, but that'll have to wait until next weekend.

Cheers, and hearty thank you,
Nick
Where did you end up grounding too? Is it in my attached image? You stated you did not have to remove the whole panel to get to it. I am curious as to where you actually grounded to.

JL Ground location.jpg
Sponsored