Sponsored

Where are you mounting you're Ambers?

blkhawk_jl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
Was wondering where the bulk of you are mounting your amber lighting? I currently have a set of Diode Dynamics SS3 amber fogs which work very well in the snow and rain. I see a lot of Jeep and Tacoma guys mounting ambers on the A-Pillar or on their bull bars at the same level as the headlights, or even on the roof attached to the rack. Whats the best spot for them to be mounted besides down low in the fog position? Also depending on where you mount them, which beam pattern would you choose for each location?
Sponsored

ztobro

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 2.0T
Was always curious about this! I love the look of amber auxiliary lights. From everything I've researched regarding fog-beam applications the lower you can mount them, the better. I'd guess spot beams would be best for mounting on the A-Pillar if you want them facing down the road ahead of you, and flood beams would work best for lighting up the gutters of the road on either side of you. If seen a couple 4Runner guys using a small slim amber LED bar mounted facing backwards for chase light applications too, looks cool. :LOL:

OP
OP

blkhawk_jl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
Was always curious about this! I love the look of amber auxiliary lights. From everything I've researched regarding fog-beam applications the lower you can mount them, the better. I'd guess spot beams would be best for mounting on the A-Pillar if you want them facing down the road ahead of you, and flood beams would work best for lighting up the gutters of the road on either side of you. If seen a couple 4Runner guys using a small slim amber LED bar mounted facing backwards for chase light applications too, looks cool. :LOL:
Yea typically rigs are running spots on the a-pillar. Diode makes a set of pods that are SAE/DOT compliant in a driving pattern too. Was thinking of mounting those on the a-pillar instead of a spot and wire them to turn on with my high beams. I live around a lot of dark back roads that are always super foggy, I just don't know how effective amber lighting is when mounted so high.

https://www.diodedynamics.com/stage-series-3-sae-dot-white-sport-standard-led-pod-pair.html
Sponsored