Sponsored

Where are the new leaks?

chuck h

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jeep wrangler unlimited sport
I wonder if these JLU renders are updated with all the latest leaks or if they represent older speculation
They seem to keep them pretty current I believe. I don't do a detailed audit of it, but it seems to me they are current.
Sponsored

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
We've seen the exterior, interior, suspension, wheels, and tops. We know the tire sizes. We know the engine options and transmission options and axles being used. What else is there?..
  • Interior shots of the new seats both front and rear would be nice. Including middle seat layout and headrests.
  • Armrest pic (interior production leak shot has it ghosted out by driver).
  • Updated shot of manual shifter would be nice, last pic is from Spring of 2016.
  • Auto gear selector pic update would be nice too to see if it’s more GC-like or more Charger/Challenger, etc. or possibly even RAM (sure hope not, and early mule last year was still a stick shifter, so likely not).
  • Better view of rear storage layout/space.
  • Better view of sport bar / cage configuration.

However, it’s all simoly fodder for discussion, it’s not like it will affect the final product, or even most people’s purchase decision, as that’s usuallly the big ticket items that are the differentiators.
Although for someone thinking JK vs JL and focused on possible improvements in these areas, then maybe it would matter; but even still if you’re waiting at this point, even if you go JK might as well get the big discounts at Xmas or next year anyways, so you’ll know by then regardless.

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
I wonder if these JLU renders are updated with all the latest leaks or if they represent older speculation
There are a few items in the JLU renders that don’t seem to be updated, but they are minor like JKUR 10A bumper, and such, but they are all minor and some are blends of old and new versus what we’ve seen.

JL render is a bit more recent version / amalgam of the latest leaks.

Last edited:

Boatbuilder88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
F-16 Engineer (retired)
We've seen the exterior, interior, suspension, wheels, and tops. We know the tire sizes. We know the engine options and transmission options and axles being used. What else is there? The only thing we haven't seen in the top actually in use so we know how it's removed but that'll come next month when they do the reveal. There's really nothing else to "leak" anymore.
Half-doors?
Sponsored