Tunesoul

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Jeep Wrangler Sport, 2012 Subaru Outback, 2018 Ocean Blue JLUR
Occupation
Owner of a Mobile Auto Paint Touch Up Co.
When are they finally going to conduct crash test on the Jeep Wrangler jl?!? I clearly already own one and couldn't possibly be any happier with it, but curiosity is getting the better part of me... I'd like to see IIHS test these things already. I'm curious as to what the rating would be here in the United States. I've seen the ratings from overseas, but they conduct much different test, that just aren't the same as they are here. Anyhow, I guess we'll all just keep waiting...:computerrage: These things are built like tanks and I'm not really concerned that they aren't safe, again just curious to see the results compared to the JK. Hope y'all are off to a great start of the new year! :clap:

Here's the most recent article I could find on the subject;

https://www.thedrive.com/news/28300...wrangler-after-one-star-safety-ratings-abroad
Sponsored

OP
OP
Tunesoul

Tunesoul

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Here’s one from NHTSA. It got 4 stars.

Thanks for posting this, you rock! Looks like a great result to me, just as I suspected! :like::rock:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Tunesoul

Tunesoul

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
Pretty sure that is not a production JLU. Not only is the windshield not broke to begin with, it also did not break upon impact. No way that is the same thing consumers are getting.
Hmm, I know of a Jeep that from EJS that had a hell of a crash and his windshield didn't break:like:

Sponsored

jeepster345

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS
Pretty sure that is not a production JLU. Not only is the windshield not broke to begin with, it also did not break upon impact. No way that is the same thing consumers are getting.
I'm not sure, but it's a 2019 model. I wouldn't think they would have made non-production 2019 models, but who knows.