Sponsored

Where and how to store soft top windows?

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
That is crazy since they display the bag bent on the ends to accommodate the cargo area. I am glad I did not waste $$$ on the Mopar bag.
Sponsored

KingCon

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon jl
Hey everyone. I’ve got a 2018 JLUR and just swapped out my hard top for the soft top. What is the best way to store the soft top windows in the Jeep when putting down the top? Earlier this week I laid them across the rear seats because they didn’t seem to fit in the trunk. When I went to reinstall them today the plastic rear window had a crease/indentation in it from the seatbelt clip. Just wondering what the best practice is. Thanks!
Best way is soft top window storage bag from Mopar.

The rear window slides off the same as others, leave the bottom bar in place do not remove! Just slide the rear window out.

A lot of people(99%) think they need to take that bar out. You do not and should not. There is no reason to remove that bar.

It stays in place where it is.

Put windows in storage bag and roll in corners slightly to put behind seats.

Done.

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Best way is soft top window storage bag from Mopar.

The rear window slides off the same as others, leave the bottom bar in place do not remove! Just slide the rear window out.

A lot of people(99%) think they need to take that bar out. You do not and should not. There is no reason to remove that bar.

It stays in place where it is.

Put windows in storage bag and roll in corners slightly to put behind seats.

Done.

That is exactly what Mopar is saying NOT TO DO

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Is that Mopar's instructions or the seller? I'm guessing the latter since the bag itself has a picture of it hanging on the rear seat.
It’s the latter. Ignore that dude. He’s on a crusade against a product he doesn’t own, and discounts the testimonials from those of us that do. Odd.

Sponsored

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
I have seen that same thing on other mopar parts sites regarding the mopar bag storage. Usually those descriptions are copy and pasted directly from the manufacturer.

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Is that Mopar's instructions or the seller?

I would doubt a reseller would put their own instruction with a Mopar product however it is also listed on the Moparpartsonline.copm website, regardless there are many user reports of damaged windows with standing up the Mopar bag.
It’s the latter. Ignore that dude. He’s on a crusade against a product he doesn’t own, and discounts the testimonials from those of us that do. Odd.

No crusade just sharing what I have learned about the product which is why I went with the alterntative, Look you have a 2-door so your options are limited whereas 4-door wranglers opens up the options and the discussion. You are trying to paint us into a box

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I would doubt a reseller would put their own instruction with a Mopar product however it is also listed on the Moparpartsonline.copm website, regardless there are many user reports of damaged windows with standing up the Mopar bag.

No crusade just sharing what I have learned about the product which is why I went with the alterntative, Look you have a 2-door so your options are limited whereas 4-door wranglers opens up the options and the discussion. You are trying to paint us into a box
Lol. Many user reports? A bag that stands up and still leaves the cargo area for you know, cargo, seems like a much better option to me. Why would you doubt that a reseller would put their own instructions on an item? They do it all the time.

Last edited:

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Lol. Many user reports? A bag that stands up and still leaves the cargo area for you know, cargo seems like a much better option to me. Why would you doubt that a reseller would put their own instructions on an item? They do it all the time.
That is purely an assumption (as stated) however there are numerous reports of windows getting damaged in the Mopar bag from them standing up behind the seat, the heat causes them to slump and crease as well the fabric that separated the windows falls down leaving the windows unprotected, this is NOT speculation it has happened to many which is why I did not go with that bag, not to mentioned it does not work with the Tuffy or Slipstream security enclosures (not enough clearance behind the seats).

With the reported damage to windows stored in the Mopar bag it is logical it is a Mopar disclosure to hold them harmless.

Plus up till recently the Mopar bag was $170 now they are radically reduced.

As for a re-seller disclosure where is the logic for them to establish policy that would deter sales. Regardless there is plenty of documentation and disclosure to render the storage bag problematic...

By the way I agree it would be nice to have a standing bag that left the cargo area open, however not with the price tag of potentially damaging these expensive windows.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lol. Many user reports? A bag that stands up and still leaves the cargo area for you know, cargo seems like a much better option to me. Why would you doubt that a reseller would put their own instructions on an item? They do it all the time.
Exactly!

This dumb debate reminds me of when I was in college. All the head shops all had signs next to the bongs that said “for tobacco use only.” Thank goodness I didn’t heed that warning. :CWL:

Sponsored

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Lol. I already knew the answer. This is totally this guys mo to spew garbage that just simply isn't true.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
That is purely an assumption (as stated) however there are numerous reports of windows getting damaged in the Mopar bag from them standing up behind the seat, the heat causes them to slump and crease as well the fabric that separated the windows falls down leaving the windows unprotected, this is NOT speculation it has happened to many which is why I did not go with that bag, not to mentioned it does not work with the Tuffy or Slipstream security enclosures (not enough clearance behind the seats).

With the reported damage to windows stored in the Mopar bag it is logical it is a Mopar disclosure to hold them harmless.

Plus up till recently the Mopar bag was $170 now they are radically reduced.

As for a re-seller disclosure where is the logic for them to establish policy that would deter sales. Regardless there is plenty of documentation and disclosure to render the storage bag problematic...

By the way I agree it would be nice to have a standing bag that left the cargo area open, however not with the price tag of potentially damaging these expensive windows.
How many users? 5? 10? How many thousands of people have been using it with no issue? There are more reports on this site of people who love the bag than people who have problems with it. We get it, you went a different route, but for you to make all these claims about a bag you've never used or even seen just doesn't make any sense. What's your deal exactly?

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Exactly!

This dumb debate reminds me of when I was in college. All the head shops all had signs next to the bongs that said “for tobacco use only.” Thank goodness I didn’t heed that warning. :CWL:

A debate requires a logical counterpoint whereas NO YOU DI-ENT does not qualify, not forcing anyone to chose any option just presenting the data, folk here are more than capable of making their own choices.

Attacking opinions that are different than yours is not productive for anyone.

Although discussion the plus or minuses of these products is healthy.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A debate requires a logical counterpoint whereas NO YOU DI-ENT does not qualify, not forcing anyone to chose any option just presenting the data, folk here are more than capable of making their own choices.

Attacking opinions that are different than yours is not productive for anyone.

Although discussion the plus or minuses of these products is healthy.
My logical counterpoint is that I own the effing thing and it works! And who is attacking whom?! Every time someone recommends the MOPAR bag you feel compelled to reply that it’s sucks, it creases the windows, you read a review, blah, blah, blah.

I’m done with you. After 18 months on this forum, you are the first member for whom I’m going to hit the ignore button.

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Nuf Said folks can make up their own minds

more than one reseller has this warning including mopar parts online so it must be a conspiracy to take down MOPAR. LOL

Checked the official Mopar parts website (mopar.com) the Bag is not even offered anymore HMMM

183973.png
Sponsored