Sponsored

Where and how to store soft top windows?

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
The Mopar bag is $113 with free shipping at allmoparparts.com. The windows fit perfectly in it (no folding them up with a rolled up blanket to keep them from creasing) and the bag can be stored vertically against the back of the rear seats so you don't lose the ability to store things in the storage area. Your solution is cheaper but far less convenient.
It doesn't look like they are offering free shipping any longer. $16 to ship to the West coast. Still a great deal.

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
Sorry, 100% my bad. For some reason I thought the bar was totally under the level of the tailgate lip. I leave mine in with the windows removed and it's never fallen out because the layers and layers of material from the soft top bunch in front of it and prevent it from going anywhere. If you ride in safari mode and are rock crawling at high speeds you may run the risk of the bar popping out and bypassing/moving around your tire carrier and break light in order to fall to the ground.

IceKube

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sport 2-dr
I'm confused - will the Mopar bag fit in a 2-door JL or not? There is an official response from Quadratec that the bag is for 4-door only, but if I'm interpreting the response below, it's fine for 2-door? Could someone please clarify for me please? Thanks!

the problem with the mopar bag is it does not lay down in the bed, it is designed to stand up, in hot weather it has been reported the plastic get soft and then collapses in the bag potentially creasing plastic per reports here and online reviews from users. (read the Quadratec reviews and others)

For the 2 door Wrangler that is the only option for for a 4-door the there are much better options for a lot less $$$ like the one I outlined above.

Also with the Mopar bag vertical it sticks up higher than the back seat.

preferably you want to lay down the windows especially in a black bag in hot weather

Sponsored

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
I'm confused - will the Mopar bag fit in a 2-door JL or not? There is an official response from Quadratec that the bag is for 4-door only, but if I'm interpreting the response below, it's fine for 2-door? Could someone please clarify for me please? Thanks!
The Mopar bag is really the only choice for the 2dr as it stands up behind the rear seats, in the 2dr the tube is too small for the other window bags unless your back seats are down. As posted above where someone devised as way to clip the windows into the bag the keep them from slumping in the heat would be a good idea to do.

Jdunn

First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL 4-dr
Hey everyone. I’ve got a 2018 JLUR and just swapped out my hard top for the soft top. What is the best way to store the soft top windows in the Jeep when putting down the top? Earlier this week I laid them across the rear seats because they didn’t seem to fit in the trunk. When I went to reinstall them today the plastic rear window had a crease/indentation in it from the seatbelt clip. Just wondering what the best practice is. Thanks!

So. I know there are many options to purchase, but if you're looking for a way to store them with household items, then here is my method. I have an old blanket folded in the back. I unfold the blanket halfway so it's hanging toward my feet. I place the rear window on it (exterior side face down & removing the bar of course). Then I fold the blanket over the window. I then use the side windows ( layered with blankets in between-exterior side down) as support on each side so the rear window doesn't fold on itself. The hard plastic corners are perfect to keep the shape of the rear window and the perfect height too. I use something similar to those super soft/ thin airline blankets. I haven't had any issues with scratching or creases. I'm on the gulf coast of Florida and it's hot here so the plastic gets very soft by lunch time around here even in the winter. Laying flat is my o my solution ( and I need my windows on hand since the rain comes quick). I'm attaching a crude sketch. Hopefully this makes sense.

96F14EC8-FF9A-4547-A7D4-92E2F41CFC03.jpeg

Ameza

First Name
Arnold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS
That is very clear and looks like it will work! I'm in Texas, so same for me in that I need the windows with me. Sunny one minute, pouring the next! Can't wait to try it. Thanks.

skyroast

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangle Sport 2-door 6-speed
Just picked up my new 2-door Sport S. I need to stow the windows. I like the idea of storing them vertically in the Mopar bag, but the backs seats are out and will stay out. Will this bag hang onto the front seats?

Should have read up a few posts. Just ordered this: https://bjanedesign.com/products/jeep-wrangler-jl-soft-top-storage-bag Perfect!

Sponsored

Jank4AU

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
In many of the popular Jeep part sites/stores they only obvious option was the Mopar window bag at $170 which is way overpriced for a canvas bag and even then with the windows stored in it it is too big to fit in the back of the Jeep.

After looking at other options like various JK bags I found this on on Amazon for $49, I figured what the hell I will give it a try.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001OMRK4M/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

61Vj3NmaKEL._SL1500_.jpg

The bag arrived and I was impressed with the quality and the size assuming the windows fit, actually fits like a glove in the cargo area of the JLU.

Below are pictures of the windows in the bag:

1st Side window
Windows%201_zps7gvsdqvo.jpg

Second side window
windows%202_zpsvazz9lzz.jpg

For the back window I removed the bottom bar and then Used a light weight packing blanket rolled up with a couple straps, and since the window was too long I used the rolled up blanket for support so I could fold the back window without it creasing.

Windows%204_zpsqoua7unq.jpg

Window%203-5_zpsvu9jh73x.jpg

Here it is all windows stored in the bag, as you can see it fits perfectly in the cargo area or can be hung or stood up

Windows%205_zpsajeua1zl.jpg

Windows%206_zpsuxsy8ej8.jpg

I also installed the Slipstream cargo security system and the bag fits perfectly

Slip%203_zps03d7lk5c.jpg

slip%2011_zps4jkcbep6.jpg

There is even room left over for other items like a Bikini top or ???
@lightsout - love the bag idea. Mopar stuff is so overpriced...just look at the soft top. Anyway, about your Slipstream, do you know if anyone has figured out a way to use it with the rear seat recline kit? I'm not taking my recline out and the Slipstream looks like the best security option, they just don't work together according to Diabolical.

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
@lightsout - love the bag idea. Mopar stuff is so overpriced...just look at the soft top. Anyway, about your Slipstream, do you know if anyone has figured out a way to use it with the rear seat recline kit? I'm not taking my recline out and the Slipstream looks like the best security option, they just don't work together according to Diabolical.

The clearance is so close, I cannot see it working either. You just will not be able to recline. maybe look at the tuffy box as when it is removed you would be able to recline

bgirly49

First Name
Bernadette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018+ Firecracker Red Wrangler Sport JL
Before I got the mopar bag I just used 3 moving blankets and laid it flat on garage floor off to the side.

Then I got the bag, and load them in and slide under futon in office.
I am looking for an under bed storage box large enough to fit windows..along with the moving blankets , I should be good.

Jank4AU

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
The clearance is so close, I cannot see it working either. You just will not be able to recline. maybe look at the tuffy box as when it is removed you would be able to recline
My buddy just got a seat recline kit for his JK and we're going to install it this weekend. Should work, looks like he's got the room between his seats and the deck. Anyway, back on topic! Thanks for responding.

Mjmi69

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Moab, 2019 BMW 335, 2018 Jeep Rubicon Recon, 2018 BMW 435i
Occupation
Broker/Owner
upload_2019-5-23_0-12-46.png
upload_2019-5-23_0-12-46.jpeg
Sponsored