Sponsored

Where and how to store soft top windows?

Jeep4Life0112

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (Mojito)
Hey everyone. I’ve got a 2018 JLUR and just swapped out my hard top for the soft top. What is the best way to store the soft top windows in the Jeep when putting down the top? Earlier this week I laid them across the rear seats because they didn’t seem to fit in the trunk. When I went to reinstall them today the plastic rear window had a crease/indentation in it from the seatbelt clip. Just wondering what the best practice is. Thanks!
Sponsored

AMG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes-Benz CLA45 AMG, BMW G650GS
Hey everyone. I’ve got a 2018 JLUR and just swapped out my hard top for the soft top. What is the best way to store the soft top windows in the Jeep when putting down the top? Earlier this week I laid them across the rear seats because they didn’t seem to fit in the trunk. When I went to reinstall them today the plastic rear window had a crease/indentation in it from the seatbelt clip. Just wondering what the best practice is. Thanks!
Mopar soft top window storage bag, part #68358392AB

jeepster345

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS
Unfortunately, I haven't found a great way to store them either. I usually just lie them down in the back and fold the back window. They do get creases, but the heat from the sun smooths them out.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL

MTKMAN

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 4xe, 21 Range Rover HSE,
Vehicle Showcase
I second @AMG and @OldGuyNewJeep. I purchased the Mopar one at the advice of some members on here. I couldn’t be happier.

Sponsored

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
+1 on Mopar bag. Seems like mine take on more damage when they're on my Jeep than when they're in the bag, so I guess that's good! :like:

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
In many of the popular Jeep part sites/stores they only obvious option was the Mopar window bag at $170 which is way overpriced for a canvas bag and even then with the windows stored in it it is too big to fit in the back of the Jeep.

After looking at other options like various JK bags I found this on on Amazon for $49, I figured what the hell I will give it a try.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001OMRK4M/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

61Vj3NmaKEL._SL1500_.jpg

The bag arrived and I was impressed with the quality and the size assuming the windows fit, actually fits like a glove in the cargo area of the JLU.

Below are pictures of the windows in the bag:

1st Side window
Windows%201_zps7gvsdqvo.jpg

Second side window
windows%202_zpsvazz9lzz.jpg

For the back window I removed the bottom bar and then Used a light weight packing blanket rolled up with a couple straps, and since the window was too long I used the rolled up blanket for support so I could fold the back window without it creasing.

Windows%204_zpsqoua7unq.jpg

Window%203-5_zpsvu9jh73x.jpg

Here it is all windows stored in the bag, as you can see it fits perfectly in the cargo area or can be hung or stood up

Windows%205_zpsajeua1zl.jpg

Windows%206_zpsuxsy8ej8.jpg

I also installed the Slipstream cargo security system and the bag fits perfectly

Slip%203_zps03d7lk5c.jpg

slip%2011_zps4jkcbep6.jpg

There is even room left over for other items like a Bikini top or ???

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T
I use the Mopar storage bag. Keep in mind, with the rear window, you will have to separate the bottom bar in order to "bend" the bag and windows to fit in the back trunk (at least for my 2 door).

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
I bought a $10 moving blanket and just lay them flat in the trunk. I layer it so the blanket is between each window. The ends of the rear window have to curl up on each side but it always flattens out. Mopar bag is way overpriced for me. The blanket never blows around either, even with the doors off.

AMG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes-Benz CLA45 AMG, BMW G650GS
In many of the popular Jeep part sites/stores they only obvious option was the Mopar window bag at $170
The Mopar bag is $113 with free shipping at allmoparparts.com. The windows fit perfectly in it (no folding them up with a rolled up blanket to keep them from creasing) and the bag can be stored vertically against the back of the rear seats so you don't lose the ability to store things in the storage area. Your solution is cheaper but far less convenient.

Sponsored

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I use the Mopar storage bag. Keep in mind, with the rear window, you will have to separate the bottom bar in order to "bend" the bag and windows to fit in the back trunk (at least for my 2 door).
Exactly! After separating and snapping bar back in to its home the bag fits just as intended behind the back seat. My review has the pictures to prove it. Dunno why people who don’t own it are hell bent on spreading misinformation about how it doesn’t fit, causes creases, etc. Don’t want to spend the money? That’s cool, but don’t say it doesn’t work as designed; it’s a great bag.

FWIW it’s only $75 if you order it with your Jeep.

Stored vertically behind the back seat:

F70A2E96-FA63-415C-8508-92769110C1B7.jpeg

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
the problem with the mopar bag is it does not lay down in the bed, it is designed to stand up, in hot weather it has been reported the plastic get soft and then collapses in the bag potentially creasing plastic per reports here and online reviews from users. (read the Quadratec reviews and others)

For the 2 door Wrangler that is the only option for for a 4-door the there are much better options for a lot less $$$ like the one I outlined above.

Also with the Mopar bag vertical it sticks up higher than the back seat.

preferably you want to lay down the windows especially in a black bag in hot weather

Reactions: zyt

NickTinVA

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon
Second this solution. This bag works great. I use a piece of pipe insulation to prevent the crease on the rear window.

In many of the popular Jeep part sites/stores they only obvious option was the Mopar window bag at $170 which is way overpriced for a canvas bag and even then with the windows stored in it it is too big to fit in the back of the Jeep.

After looking at other options like various JK bags I found this on on Amazon for $49, I figured what the hell I will give it a try.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001OMRK4M/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

61Vj3NmaKEL._SL1500_.jpg

The bag arrived and I was impressed with the quality and the size assuming the windows fit, actually fits like a glove in the cargo area of the JLU.

Below are pictures of the windows in the bag:

1st Side window
Windows%201_zps7gvsdqvo.jpg

Second side window
windows%202_zpsvazz9lzz.jpg

For the back window I removed the bottom bar and then Used a light weight packing blanket rolled up with a couple straps, and since the window was too long I used the rolled up blanket for support so I could fold the back window without it creasing.

Windows%204_zpsqoua7unq.jpg

Window%203-5_zpsvu9jh73x.jpg

Here it is all windows stored in the bag, as you can see it fits perfectly in the cargo area or can be hung or stood up

Windows%205_zpsajeua1zl.jpg

Windows%206_zpsuxsy8ej8.jpg

I also installed the Slipstream cargo security system and the bag fits perfectly

Slip%203_zps03d7lk5c.jpg

slip%2011_zps4jkcbep6.jpg

There is even room left over for other items like a Bikini top or ???

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
the problem with the mopar bag is it does not lay down in the bed, it is designed to stand up, in hot weather it has been reported the plastic get soft and then collapses in the bag potentially creasing plastic per reports here and online reviews from users. (read the Quadratec reviews and others)

For the 2 door Wrangler that is the only option for for a 4-door the there are much better options for a lot less $$$ like the one I outlined above.

Also with the Mopar bag vertical it sticks up higher than the back seat.

preferably you want to lay down the windows especially in a black bag in hot weather
The windows do not crease. I own the thing and used it for a whole summer. The bag also does not stand higher than the seat. It would lay down with the sides curled, same way they are meant to curl when standing. (When curled, you’re curling the sailcloth and not the vinyl window part.) So now “it’s been reported” that your information is wrong.

Listen, choices are good and it’s great you saved $60 and are happy with your purchase. By all means let everyone know what you found and give your honest review. You gotta stop spewing misinformation about the bag that you don’t own, though.

Ugh, I don’t know why I even care. I need to find something else to do when I’m bored. :beer:

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Dunno why people who don’t own it are hell bent on spreading misinformation about how it doesn’t fit, causes creases, etc. Don’t want to spend the money? That’s cool, but don’t say it doesn’t work as designed; it’s a great bag.

F70A2E96-FA63-415C-8508-92769110C1B7.jpeg
Dude, do not shoot the messenger there are many reports form people that own the mopar bag that have reported damage to their windows

Here is just one of many

"The first review is spot on. Nice to store in your house but in no way properly fits on the back of the seats. The fabric is too soft to hold the windows straight up when hung from the back seat. At least when the windows are soft from the heat. My windows kept sinking down inside the bag and now have these god awful crease marks they never had before. This was after one use. I would never attempt to hang my windows from the backseat again. Aside from the crease problems, the windows in no way, shape or form fit properly when you hang them from the back seat. I would not recommend this product for the price. I paid a lot for this on the assumption it would perform as claimed. It’s a nice quality cover but does fix the fact that the windows of the JL sunrider soft top cannot be rolled up and don’t fit laying flat in the trunk unless you put the seats down. Hanging from the rear of the back seat would have been great- if it worked. This doesn’t. You can get very good quality covers for half the price. Do that. My 2 cents."
Sponsored