Sponsored

Where and how to store soft top windows?

Shakey Graves

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport Unlimited (JLU)
Occupation
Data Analysis, Photographer
Are you laying it in the rear of the Jeep? The cargo area is just too small — too narrow and too shallow — to easily lay it out and put the windows in. I must be a moron :)

Now the bag for the Freedom Panels on the other hand is one of my favorites.
See I hate that freedom panel bag. I feel like they need to make the bag just a little bit bigger for that second panel going in. I always worry when i'm zippering the second panel that I will somehow scrape or damage the paint on the panel as the zipper is closing. It is just too damn close for my liking. Or maybe i'm just putting these in wrong somehow?
Sponsored

Shakey Graves

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport Unlimited (JLU)
Occupation
Data Analysis, Photographer
The hard plastic pillars running perpendicular to the track/slide/whatchmacallit prevent rolling up side windows. The back window can be rolled after removing the bar.

BUT

If you guys are really worried about “sagging,” you would be very unhappy with how your windows look after rolling. (In either case, a couple of hours in the hot so would fix them up, anyway. Why obsess over it? Who cares?)

TL;DR - no, they won’t be making that for the JL.

Weather is AWESOME in my neck of the woods, this weekend. Windows and doors are off at last! My new CMM side mirrors are freakin fantastic. Anyway, I snapped a couple of pictures of windows going in the bag to illustrate where the curl happens (sailcloth edges, not windows - easier to see on a computer). If a guy were really going to lose sleep over sags or wrinkles, he could use the binder clip hack posted earlier.

B5F831EE-6E15-4A92-94E9-A47BE6409A7E.jpeg
1D9F263B-6B5B-4A07-BBE5-F571A631D116.jpeg
91DCD50C-3BB1-40D0-AC2A-DE81E1D914D0.jpeg
B13C499F-491C-43C9-A2A5-F614CCAC0A2E.jpeg
3FF78D20-A390-41AD-8720-34C338E1AD38.jpeg
Did they ever respond back to you on this storage solution? This would be amazing for the JLU if they can create one. This product looks so useful.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Did they ever respond back to you on this storage solution? This would be amazing for the JLU if they can create one. This product looks so useful.
Sorry, I don’t follow your question. Did who respond to me about what? The post you quoted is about the MOPAR soft top window storage bag, which works for both JL and JLU.

bcaesar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler 4 Door JL

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
I stumbled on this online. Has anyone tried something like this? This can't be had to make. Just need to know what channel to use to slide the windows in. This guy has it listed for $99 right now which seems high for wood and railing but definitely a convenient way to store in the garage.

il_794xN.2109857542_nua5.jpg

https://www.etsy.com/listing/759053...dEnDQec0_iLCgnCwGzukYtSnAhQYo3DBoCCFEQAvD_BwE

I have to say...this is pretty darn slick. Great solution!

- the Bestop Team
www.bestop.com

Sponsored

KnG818

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon
Hey everyone. I’ve got a 2018 JLUR and just swapped out my hard top for the soft top. What is the best way to store the soft top windows in the Jeep when putting down the top? Earlier this week I laid them across the rear seats because they didn’t seem to fit in the trunk. When I went to reinstall them today the plastic rear window had a crease/indentation in it from the seatbelt clip. Just wondering what the best practice is. Thanks!
Soft top storage bag..lay flat.

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

i was leaning towards the amazon bag solution but am a bit concerned with storage area in the back of the jeep. i could make it work but i think this bag that hangs on the back of the front seats works even better for my needs. the mopar bag just does not impress me.

wired

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Red with soft top

Sponsored

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Hey @Bestop , as the provider of OEM soft tops, can you give us a supplier for these c-channels so we can make our own soft top window hangers?
I appreciate the question but this is not information I would be able to give out. Even if I could, the supplier would not be able to sell direct to consumer. With a little googling, I'm sure you could come up with a similar solution.

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

wired

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Red with soft top
Well, @Bestop made this sound easy, so apparently I am the worst googler ever. I can't find anything similar online. I have considered using a dowel to hang the side windows from, but that won't work for the back window, as it has the opposite connector at the top. So my next plan, unless someone with normal googling abilities can find something suitable, is to use the dowels to hang the side windows and then fashion something to hang the rear window by the tailgate bar.
Anyone else have any ideas or any googling power?

jdegrave

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Forte, Pathfinder, JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Director Financial Systems Support & Governance
Add me to the list of Mopar bag owners. Works great and I have no regrets!

Dryver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 4xe "Bridgette"
Haven't read the whole string but I just store mine in the cardboard box with paper dividers they came in when I bought my Jeep.
Sponsored