Sponsored

When your Wife buys you Jeep parts for your birthday.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
First off, my wife rocks. We will be married for 31 years at the end of the month. So my birthday was a couple days ago and my wife gave me a couple surprises.

First one was she ordered me two, 2gal Rotopax fuel cans with locking mounts. We almost ran out of fuel driving on The Lonely HWY (US-50) in Nevada going west. The Jeep took 20.4 gallons of gas at fill up and it was many miles to the next station. Installed them yesterday.

Jeep Wrangler JL When your Wife buys you Jeep parts for your birthday. 1600526159149

Jeep Wrangler JL When your Wife buys you Jeep parts for your birthday. 1600526185722

She had also bought the rear cargo shelf, which I thought was my birthday present.
Jeep Wrangler JL When your Wife buys you Jeep parts for your birthday. 1600526313468

Then to top it off, she came out of the bedroom wearing her original wedding dress from almost 31 years ago and asked if I could help her zip it up. Might be the best birthday ever!
Jeep Wrangler JL When your Wife buys you Jeep parts for your birthday. 1600526639406
Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
First off, my wife rocks. We will be married for 31 years at the end of the month. So my birthday was a couple days ago and my wife gave me a couple surprises.

First one was she ordered me two, 2gal Rotopax fuel cans with locking mounts. We almost ran out of fuel driving on The Lonely HWY (US-50) in Nevada going west. The Jeep took 20.4 gallons of gas at fill up and it was many miles to the next station. Installed them yesterday.

Jeep Wrangler JL When your Wife buys you Jeep parts for your birthday. 1600526639406

She had also bought the rear cargo shelf, which I thought was my birthday present.

Then to top it off, she came out of the bedroom wearing her original wedding dress from almost 31 years ago and asked if I could help her zip it up. Might be the best birthday ever!
I can relate to and appreciate what you got going there, kudos to you brother......:)

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
Incredibly Sweet!!! OMG You definitely struck the pot of gold sir!!! No two people have ever fit more perfectly! God Bless the both of you and here's to 31 more !!!!!!Happy Anniversary!

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
Ted, opening a @wibornz thread, especially during these tough COVID times, seems to always be an uplifting, fun, ray of sunshine.

May you and your bride enjoy many, many more healthy years together.

unsavory

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR 2.0T Auto, 2019 JLUR V6 Manual (sold)
So did you zip it up?

Congrats on an awesome wife and a great marriage!

Sponsored

amnesiac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S
2 two gallon canisters?

you’ve extended your range by almost 40 miles!!

happy birthday.

OP
OP
wibornz

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
2 two gallon canisters?

you’ve extended your range by almost 40 miles!!

happy birthday.
More like 60 miles. I will typically get between 14 and 15 mpg towing my camper and 18 to 19 mpg not towing the camper. It will also make carrying fuel for the generator easier.

OP
OP
wibornz

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Ted, opening a @wibornz thread, especially during these tough COVID times, seems to always be an uplifting, fun, ray of sunshine.

May you and your bride enjoy many, many more healthy years together.
Thank you, we try to live a positive life and always believe that we have the day that desire. Attitude rules the day. Just understanding what we can control vs what we can not control has made a huge impact on our lives. We know that there is very little that we can control. The things we can control.....We control.

A few words on Covid..... Please understand this is NOT a political message.

My wife had COVID..... she works in a prison and there, everyone there has had basically. At one time there was 1492 prisoners, and 1392 tested positive for Covid. Well over 3/4 of the staff have had it. No staff deaths and only a few real old prisoners have died. She get Covid tested weekly. This virus is so dangerous, you have to be tested to even know if you have it. When you test positive, the prison will not let you work for 5 days then you can come back to work. If you come to work and have a fever, they make you take the day off and let you come back to work the next day. Having lived with Covid, we pretty much are not scared of it at all.

Sponsored

Bocephus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 392
Occupation
Sam’s Decorative Automotive Button Emporium
God bless the both of you

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
@wibornz
congrats on the 31 years of sticking together and happy b-day to you. you got some great stuff for the jeep. its also good to hear that not only her, but the both is dealing with the covid 19. glad to hear that she doing good and you are a strong supporter. i'm sure it nerve racking, just knowing that going to work means swimming in a petre dish of covid cases. i'm still in '"high alert" mode when i go to work delivering the mail in an area that was considered as a hot spot. tho the numbers slowed down, they are still creeping. so we all have to continues the regiment in fighting and protecting from the covid.
Sponsored