Sponsored

When your friend gives their honest opinion on Jeeps.

BradyW

First Name
Brady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392XR
Vehicle Showcase
I have a friend who is into shifter carts and modding s2000’s. He’s never been off-roading and knew that I was considering selling the Tesla for a JLU but didn’t know I had already purchased one weeks ago. The Jeep came up today and he sent a wonderfully honest and hyperbolic response. I’m positive about 5min on a moderate trail would change his tune.
Jeep Wrangler JL When your friend gives their honest opinion on Jeeps. DB3F06E6-90EE-46CF-A3DE-ADF6CB30A2D1
Sponsored

Hearhear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus, 392 XR Wrangler
People without a passion for what they drive are boring. I‘d hate to be indifferent and practical about cars. I don't want a soulless, practical, boring hunk of metal and plastic. I want a car with soul, with a name, a member of the family.

cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara
I remember a old harley statement, hold's true to jeep's also. If i had to explain it, you wouldn't understand. Your view on it changes when you have been in the seat.

Sponsored

chevymitchell

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Pain Train), 2022 2500 AT4
Occupation
Avi Engineer
I have a friend who is into shifter carts and modding s2000’s. He’s never been off-roading and knew that I was considering selling the Tesla for a JLU but didn’t know I had already purchased one weeks ago. The Jeep came up today and he sent a wonderfully honest and hyperbolic response. I’m positive about 5min on a moderate trail would change his tune.
Jeep Wrangler JL When your friend gives their honest opinion on Jeeps. DB3F06E6-90EE-46CF-A3DE-ADF6CB30A2D1
Jeep Wrangler JL When your friend gives their honest opinion on Jeeps. 1638575153495

rohdawg

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR Anvil / 2021 JLUR Hydro Blue
Occupation
Merchant Marine
LOL @ “a caricature of those models.”
Having owned nothing but Jeeps for 35 years, I couldn’t agree with that sentiment less. The Jeep platform has improved time and time again. Yes, sometimes there is a case of one step forward, two back - but take your friend for a ride in an older Jeep, than give him a ride in a JL. Your friends eyes will be opened.

I’m not bashing your friend at all. I believe his opinion is ill informed and based on just that, opinion.

Last edited:

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I owned a 2006 S2000: it was a great little car but, despite what S2000 owners think, it wasn't perfect. It was too high-strung to be enjoyed for long periods of time.

I eventually sold that Honda and moved on to bigger and better things.

I enjoy my 2018 Fiat Spider a LOT better: it looks sexier, sounds nicer, weighs less, is more comfortable, drives more relaxed and is just as much fun on the mountain roads.

Took this shot today. Went out to enjoy some sunny weather after the non-stop rain we have been having.
Jeep Wrangler JL When your friend gives their honest opinion on Jeeps. _DSC0003.JPG

Sponsored

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
I can't blame him entirely. Wranglers have come a long way, but if you aren't actually using it as a weekend toy on trails, it's not a smart daily driver. Yes, there is soul, but this isn't about emotions. On paper a Wrangler is an absolutely terrible idea for a daily driver. Let alone that the comunity has been flooded with people who are far more concerned with their Jeeps apearance then they are in it's performance. Just look at all the angry grills, rgb led underglow, etc. Jeeps have become the ricers of the early 00's. I know a lot of you are going to hate this opinion, but it's pretty truthful, and deep down you know it.

I still love my Wrangler. There are some things that paper can't quantify.

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
Th
"Jeeps are the Harleys of cars"

That's classic. :LOL:
There is truth in that, no other vehicles can be personalized more or have a larger number of aftermarket suppliers and few others have the personal attachment to their vehicles 👏

micahpop

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I found the comment funny because OP's friend was disparaging both Jeeps and Harleys.

I know all too well about the Harley aftermarket. Not as spendy when compared to Jeep stuff but I've dropped some coin on modding my Softail (which is no more... :crying:)
Sponsored