Sponsored

When your friend gives their honest opinion on Jeeps.

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
That's actually a pretty accurate text. But I love mine anyway lol
Sponsored

OP
OP
BradyW

BradyW

First Name
Brady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392XR
Vehicle Showcase
My Rubicon 392 makes me smile every time I drive it. I had a Challenger Scat Pack before this but rarely drove it because it was so impractical -- two doors instead of four; a front air dam that was lower than most curbs and parking blocks; low profile tires asking to get dinged; 2-wheel drive (look out when it rains!); a steep liftover to place or retrieve anything in the trunk, etc.

Yeh, I could have replaced my Challenger with a boring Crossover or SUV but I already have a boring Crossover as a daily driver. I wanted a muscle car with utility that will fit in my 100” deep garage; well..Jeep made one!

Bottom Line: Everyone has a reason why they bought a Jeep. We should just let them enjoy it in peace. Just think...if Jeep only sold Wranglers to people who go off-road, they wouldn’t sell enough of them to keep making them. So, off-roaders should be thanking the "mall-crawler” crowd for keeping the Jeep production line going after all these years.
tempImage7ZivnI.png
My model 3 performance was a little more practical than your challenger but you and I are on the exact, and I mean exact, same page on the 392 purchase. I still have a fast daily car that allows me to drive in traffic however suits the mood and/or situation and now I have easier access to my off-roading addiction, I mean hobby, on the weekends. The poor RZRs may collect dust for the foreseeable future.

Monster1926

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Silverado 2500HD midnight
Unpopular opinion, your friends right. On the flip side it’s a vehicle you can make 100% your own. To wrap it up my 392XR has been built and awaiting shipment. What a rollercoaster.

Capricorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JL Willys XR V6
Occupation
Network Architect & Engineer
This is how most people view automobiles. It's a tool. Buying a Wrangler and never going off road is the equivalent to buying a expensive Snap-On toolbox and tools and taking you stuff to the dealership to get fixed. It's really kinda lame, and silly.
It doesn't matter to me how most people view their vehicles. I bought my Gladiator Mohave not for status symbol. If I was so shallow that I needed a vehicle to show off my financial status or my social status, I would be driving an X5 or a Range Rover or something else that other shallow people will envy. Something about this iconic All American brand appeals to my senses. My kids also love to ride in it, and among the three vehicles I have in our household, whenever I ask my boys which one we should take when we go out as a family, it is always the Gladiator/Wrangler.

Sponsored

Morrepe

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2 dr Sarge Green Willys, Soft Top 3.6L MT
Right. Pretty much every wrangler review you read is four paragraphs of what's wrong with the Wrangler and then one paragraph about why you should buy one anyway. I saw one write up where the Wrangler failed every "objective" category they evaluated, except owner satisfaction. Close to 100%. LOL.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Right. Pretty much every wrangler review you read is four paragraphs of what's wrong with the Wrangler and then one paragraph about why you should buy one anyway. I saw one write up where the Wrangler failed every "objective" category they evaluated, except owner satisfaction. Close to 100%. LOL.
Like a high maintenance girlfriend that treats you mean and makes you like it.
Sponsored