Sponsored

When You have your Jeep in Summer Mode and Live in Michigan.

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
Ha ha. Made for some good photos though.
We are currently getting snow here too. Tornado yesterday (a bit southwest of us, but still close enough), and snow today. Gotta love great lakes weather. Looks like you got more snow than we're expected to get though. Might be time to go back to winter mode until at least May. I'm sure you guys get the same crap weather we do, so you can expect snow from October through April. Jumping the gun on summer mode. :LOL:

COSJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 WK2, 2019 JLR?
Well played Michigan. It has snowed twice since I took the doors and top off. MIchigan psychotic weather. Snow today, 62 degrees tomorrow.

20190415_072743_001-2.jpg
20190415_072844_001.jpg
Our winters are not nearly as brutal as what you guys see up north - I loved in Minnesota for a while . But we do get crazy swings like that all the time. Just last week we had mid 70s one day and it was snow/wind and 20's the next day!

vilewolf

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL 2 Door
When you go "summer mode" do you just leave everything off, even if it's going to rain?

Going into summer mode myself tomorrow, 70 degrees the rest of the week is okay with me :rock:

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
Where I live the spring is 4 months of 40+ MPH winds, and then temps stay over 100 until late October, there is no "summer mode" hard top year round is the only mode here. I see guys with tops and doors off occasionally, they pretty much look miserable all the time.

Sponsored

OP
OP
wibornz

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Where I live the spring is 4 months of 40+ MPH winds, and then temps stay over 100 until late October, there is no "summer mode" hard top year round is the only mode here. I see guys with tops and doors off occasionally, they pretty much look miserable all the time.
Do you get used to the heat, like we get used to the cold? Heck by the end of winter, 40 degrees is short and T-shirt weather. High fifty degree and sun out is tops off weather.

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Gorgeous pics! If it gets down to 50 my wife refuses to leave the house. She couldn't make it in Michigan. lol

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
Do you get used to the heat, like we get used to the cold? Heck by the end of winter, 40 degrees is short and T-shirt weather. High fifty degree and sun out is tops off weather.
You do to some extent, certainly I could handle it better when I was young and lived in Vegas. There hits a point though that it's just impossible to not be thinking "this heat sucks" wish I was in some air conditioning. It's also pure desert out here, so tops off or even a soft top and your rig is full of dirt forever. People do it for sure, but the majority complain about it, for me it's just easier and way more comfortable to be a hard top jeeper. We ride our quads in the winter, hard top jeeping for the summer.

TimmH

First Name
Timm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sahara 3.6 Auto
Vehicle Showcase
Well played Michigan. It has snowed twice since I took the doors and top off. MIchigan psychotic weather. Snow today, 62 degrees tomorrow.

20190415_072844_001.jpg
Makes for some great photos though, nice job.

It was 89 degrees here yesterday, 88 for a high today. ;)

Cold front coming, going to be a high of 76 on Saturday....Brrrrrr....

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
Ha ha. I was gonna say I never get used to the cold, but you're not wrong about 50° feeling like a heatwave. I have no idea how people survive in climates with temps of 90 on the regular. The 3-4 of them we get each year are miserable days.

And Timm is not wrong. That snow did make for some great photos.

Sponsored

OP
OP
wibornz

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
When you go "summer mode" do you just leave everything off, even if it's going to rain?

Going into summer mode myself tomorrow, 70 degrees the rest of the week is okay with me :rock:
Fortunately, it is not my daily driver. The tops and doors come off in April and will go back on in early October. When it is not being used, it sits in the garage. If I use the Jeep to travel during the summer, I will put the soft top and doors back on.

OP
OP
wibornz

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Ha ha. I was gonna say I never get used to the cold, but you're not wrong about 50° feeling like a heatwave. I have no idea how people survive in climates with temps of 90 on the regular. The 3-4 of them we get each year are miserable days.

Yea, I was surfing this site looked out the window and said to myself, I should drive the Jeep back by the woods for a couple pics.

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
Ha ha. I have no idea how people survive in climates with temps of 90 on the regular. The 3-4 of them we get each year are miserable days.

They wake up and go from their air conditioned house to their air conditioned car to the air conditioned job to their air conditioned store, then to the air conditioned restaurant then back to the air conditioned home, sleep wake up repeat. At least in the colder climates you can make (dress) your self warm for outside activities in the heat there are no options.

Dual tops in the NW best of both worlds

TJEli

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep, truck, car
snowtopoff (1).jpg

Upper Peninsula.

jayd33

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Tesla Y, 2020 Defender 110, 2022 392 ordered

20190415_072844_001.jpg
Looks amazing! Definitely should upload your photos over at the "Photo of the Month" section.

edit: I personally like the 2nd photo more - the white accent on the wheels has a certain Tron-esque look
Sponsored