Sponsored

When will jeep offer a 2dr Rubicon 392 just as the 1970s cj5 .

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
Want 9gs plastering you to your seat ? The all- electric 2 door will do this, without the issues of heat, emissions, noise, etc. Want the V8 roar ? Play a recording.
Electrics are unbeatable off the line, instant torque, endless acceleration. So looking forward to this.
Magneto, baby.

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
Probably the opposite, actually. They're offering less choices on the two door so it can continue to make financial sense to sell it -- where they're not having to test multiple options on a two door where the number of sales will be so low it won't make financial sense to sell any of them any longer.

There are other reasons that it's not practical to sell a 392 two door, including the fuel range, exhaust configuration and heat dissipation among other things. Obviously can be done, but there's trade offs that I'm not sure FCA would be willing to make.

That said, I'd love one. :LOL: I already have a 2 door JK with a blown 427 -- there's such a thing as too much power if you still want to drive it places further than 50 miles (in the case of the 2 door). As such I would likely never do a demon build like the one shown here, but would prefer the simplicity of the 392 N/A. I'd consider stroking it out but that would be about it. I've got a 392 take out right now complete that's ready to go once I'm convinced I want to actually proceed to do it (if I do, I'm doing an LJ conversion). At that point I'd just buy the Dakota kit and call it a day.
You are fortunate to live in a state where such things aren’t forbidden unless CARB approved. Yep— I’m jealous

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You are fortunate to live in a state where such things aren’t forbidden unless CARB approved. Yep— I’m jealous
Oh man I know. I'm glad I don't live in Cali.

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh man I know. I'm glad I don't live in Cali.
We have been researching relocating, but kids and grandchildren. It’s a tough choice!

Sponsored

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We have been researching relocating, but kids and grandchildren. It’s a tough choice!
Totally understand— I’d probably choose family in that case but man they are aggressive in that state. And not like it’s new — I remember the smog thing since at least around 2000.

Jeeb

First Name
JEEB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps!
How about a two door XR?!

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys Xtreme Recon 2022 Ford Bronco
Want 9gs plastering you to your seat ? The all- electric 2 door will do this, without the issues of heat, emissions, noise, etc. Want the V8 roar ? Play a recording.
Electrics are unbeatable off the line, instant torque, endless acceleration. So looking forward to this.
And where is this all electric 2 door? I'd love to see Jeep come out with the Magneto. But it doesn't exist as far as I know. Just a concept.

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Totally understand— I’d probably choose family in that case but man they are aggressive in that state. And not like it’s new — I remember the smog thing since at least around 2000.
I had to install a “NOX” device on my 66 Nova SS so it would be smog compliant when I bought it in 73. So 2000 is a minimum of 27 years off

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had to install a “NOX” device on my 66 Nova SS so it would be smog compliant when I bought it in 73. So 2000 is a minimum of 27 years off
2000 is about where my knowledge of it ends haha.
Sponsored