When will 2019 models be available?

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
No one knows for sure but it wouldn't surprise me they're selling a lot of these and they know it not to mention they're strapped for cash from what I'm reading
Sponsored

JeepJLNC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Ioniq Plug-in Hybrid
That is nonsense. There will be minimal, if any, price increases. This vehicle is already overpriced for what it is. The only reason why they are selling well is because it was over 10 years when the JK model came up and alot of people will purchase the new generation for the first couple of years.

Solidaxle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2 Door Rubicon
For marketing reasons they may only bump up the price a little bit say $500 at the initial 2019 ordering and then they’ll do another price increase after the first of the year. Most manufacturers don’t like to admit to raising the prices so they do it very sneaky. They could say only a $500 increase over the 2018 model and then bump it another 500 a few months from now. Another trick they like is separating options and increasing the prices on the option packages while keeping the base price of the jeep the same. Another sneaky way to raise the price.

BlackRook

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
Occupation
SCIENCE!
For marketing reasons they may only bump up the price a little bit say $500 at the initial 2019 ordering and then they’ll do another price increase after the first of the year. Most manufacturers don’t like to admit to raising the prices so they do it very sneaky. They could say only a $500 increase over the 2018 model and then bump it another 500 a few months from now. Another trick they like is separating options and increasing the prices on the option packages while keeping the base price of the jeep the same. Another sneaky way to raise the price.
This is where I was getting the bigger price bump. You're all probably right, base price will probably only jump by $500 (or $495, which is better because it's less than $500!), but I anticipate $100-$200 imcreases on popular options, like leather, safety group, LED headlights, etc. That stuff adds up real quick.

Keeping the price jump low between years is a classically American and Japanese thing. All the Euro brands do the little nickel and dime increases. With Fiat in control (and desperate to cover losses from other FCA brands), I'm expecting the Euro rip-off model...

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Good post.

Sponsored

TxJeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Yup, waiting for the power roof option to hit before I order my 2019 JLUR. Going to wait though until I can see one on a dealer lot to confirm I want it. JKs used to open up order banks as early as August. Seems with JL its pushed back some. No big deal. Hope the price increase for 2019 is not much, but expect to get a great price from River Oaks Jeep in Houston regardless.

This 2019 I order will mark 20 years of driving Jeeps for me. I bought my first in 1999, a TJ, I6, dual top, dana 44 rear. Man I miss that Jeep and still wish I had kept it. Haha. Since then, I've owned two other TJs, a Libery, a Cherokee, a JK sport and three JKUR. With how expensive they are anymore, I think this 2019 might be kept a while.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
I went ahead and ordered a 2018. I am not going to MAYBE pay any where from 1000 to 1500 more for the same thing except a few minor changes. That would be about $50 a month no thanks for me

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Any updates on production dates for the 2029 JLU Rubicons?
they start making them end of October I think was October 29th is when they start making them. I used to have that paper when they were making them