When top is removed.

Maplecs

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara unlimited JL
Is there any products out there to put on after you take top off to clean up the look of the side rails?
Sponsored

OP
OP

Maplecs

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Need help finding something..

timn1984

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2018 JL Sahara,Dodge Journey 2012, Toyota Camry 2015
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
Do you mean the body color rails? If so I just use Windex with a soft cloth. cleans up real nice.

OP
OP

Maplecs

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do you mean the body color rails? If so I just use Windex with a soft cloth. cleans up real nice.
I'm looking for something to put on like a cover.

Sponsored

Tritonman

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Occupation
ITS Duty Manager
Is there any products out there to put on after you take top off to clean up the look of the side rails?
Do you mean roll bar padding like below?

RBAR4DR-2T.jpg

ToolMan514

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon 4xe
How do you like those things? Have you tied much to them? I keep looking at the quick release pro (not the d-rings) and thinking they could be handy but they look like they stand up taller than I'd like. Like u/Maplecs I like the smooth look. I'm not as extreme as they are, I'm fine with the bolt holes and such, but I don't know if I'd like how tall those GPCA things stand.
They are what they are. I use them only when the top is off, since they do not fit easily with the MOPAR Hardtop Headliner installed around the back windows. With the top on I use the regular bolts with D-rings and GPCA wide tie-downs to hold large velcro straps. The straps hold all sorts of things back there, so they don't shift when I drive. I do like the look and practicality when the top if off though. Everything needs to be tied down or the wind will take it...

Rahneld

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
Some people -- me included -- usually put something practical, like tie-down anchors when the top is off...

I like, own and use these. They are, IMHO, faster than using the FCA supplied wrench on the factory bolts, but much slower than putting a torx bit in a drill against the factory bolts. Towards that end of speed removal though, I wish these tie downs were designed with a torx bit in the middle so the owner could have the best of both worlds:

hand tightening and speed insertion removal with a drill-like device (e.g. drill, screw gun, etc.)

On the JK I seem to recall that someone had devised a product that attached to a drill at one end and interfaced with the screw knobs for removing the hard top at the other. Perhaps it's out there, or someone could devise such an attachment devise for these GPCA bolts.
Sponsored