When to unmarry tazar JL mini

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
I have read a couple of posts over the last 3 yrs. where guys claimed/thought they were not getting UConnect updates because they had a Tazer JL installed but these posts were not founded..
I used to share your belief and have posted the same, but after three years with my two piece Tazer I have changed my mind.

I don’t think there is any issue with the mini, but I have the OG two piece and can say for sure that I will not get the health check emails until I pull it from the OBDII port. I pretty much get the email within minutes of yanking it out, which I do very, very rarely.

I took several trips today and did not get the update notice. Growing impatient, I decided to pull the Tazer from the OBDII and boom, the update popup appeared when I turned off the ignition. Yeah, I suppose it could be a coincidence, but I don’t think so given what I know about the health check emails.

Like I said, I don’t think there is any issue/interference with a Tazer mini, but guys who have a Tazer (or other accessory) plugged in to their OBDII port might try pulling it out if they’re not getting the offer to update.

Note that the update pop-up comes only when you turn off the ignition. Also, I tapped Yes and then nothing happened for a good minute. I thought maybe I tapped it too late, but then it started updating.
Sponsored

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Anyway completed after 35 mins. but right off, I noticed my Off Road Pages was gone... Chitt!
Likewise, but mine came back on their own after a few minutes. Other annoyance is that all of my presets were wiped out... Sirius as well as AM/FM. Too bad we don't know what bugs they fixed with this update.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
I used to share your belief and have posted the same, but after three years with my two piece Tazer I have changed my mind.

I don’t think there is any issue with the mini, but I have the OG two piece and can say for sure that I will not get the health check emails until I pull it from the OBDII port. I pretty much get the email within minutes of yanking it out, which I do very, very rarely.

I took several trips today and did not get the update notice. Growing impatient, I decided to pull the Tazer from the OBDII and boom, the update popup appeared when I turned off the ignition. Yeah, I suppose it could be a coincidence, but I don’t think so given what I know about the health check emails.

Like I said, I don’t think there is any issue/interference with a Tazer mini, but guys who have a Tazer (or other accessory) plugged in to their OBDII port might try pulling it out if they’re not getting the offer to update.

Note that the update pop-up comes only when you turn off the ignition. Also, I tapped Yes and then nothing happened for a good minute. I thought maybe I tapped it too late, but then it started updating.
A forum member just posted this in regard to the Original Tazer JL and the UConnect update..

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...essage-anyone-know-details.66830/post-1412702

sheram

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU RUBICON
Occupation
Retired

Stinger22

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Sport S
Do you need to remarry after each time you unmarry it for dealer service?

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

SBLACK502

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler
New Tazer user here as well.. when you change tire size and gearing and then unmarry , this will change all settings back to stock. Will this not causes issues since you have different size tires and different gears then what’s programmed?

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New Tazer user here as well.. when you change tire size and gearing and then unmarry , this will change all settings back to stock. Will this not causes issues since you have different size tires and different gears then what’s programmed?
Indeed, when you unmarry, the settings do not stay. IF you were to then go into low range, you would simply get an EVIC message but the JL will not go into limp mode, etc... It is unlike a JK that would.

DO research on the forum/my past posts about going with a hybrid approach... With this hybrid approach, you have and enjoy the Tazer JL that is terrific and has great features... but you do your gear settings with JSCAN. This way when you unmarry the Tazer JL, you do not lose your gear settings..
Sponsored