First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4xe Rubicon
Occupation
Air Traffic Controller
4xeR is being built right now, definitely getting a level 2 charger. My question is when do I buy it? I am in San Diego, SDGE is my power company…can I buy one prior to actually purchasing my 4xe or does it have to be after for any rebates/discounts? Thank you
Sponsored

Mgg253

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
When ever you have the money, buy it. Check your local codes but I can’t imagine rebates have anything to do with owning the veh.

MallBrawler

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JKR, '21 JLUR, '21 Tesla MYP, '22 4XE ordered
Occupation
Jeep Caretaker
4xeR is being built right now, definitely getting a level 2 charger. My question is when do I buy it? I am in San Diego, SDGE is my power company…can I buy one prior to actually purchasing my 4xe or does it have to be after for any rebates/discounts? Thank you
You can get the charger anytime, just check your power company / city / county to see if they offer incentives to help with the install cost (they come and go all the time). The IRS had a 30% tax credit for EV charger that expired on 12/31/31, and they're talking about extending, no word yet tho.

Smurf

First Name
Smurf
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sahara 4xe (exp delivery end of Jan 2022)
When ever you have the money, buy it. Check your local codes but I can’t imagine rebates have anything to do with owning the veh.
My power company (Liberty Utilities in Truckee/Tahoe) did require a VIN number and date of purchase for putting through the rebate. Which reminds me, I need to hop in and "reserve" my rebate-- they have a limited number per year. I have my charger here, but still waiting on the guy to come do the needed electrical to use it.

WannFly

First Name
Priyo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4Xe - ordered, 2019 RAM 1500
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cyber security
i bought the charger in Aug of '21 cuz they said Jeep will be here in Sep.
i got the jeep in Jan '22

checked with my power company and they have a $250 rebate and the form clearly said, its for chargers bought in '22 and i had to submit the paperwork for the vehicle.

they did honor my request and the check is on its way

A66auto

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wrangler 4Xe Wrangler
I got a rebate for the cost of my L2 charger from my local Utility. I had to provide a Vin and Plate number on the form.
Sponsored