When the Jeep you get is different that what the sticker says

Supercharged

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S, Pontiac G8 GT, GMC Acadia
Make sure the rear wiper and washer work before signing anything.
Sponsored

Formattc

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, Sarge Green
I am getting about $6,700 thousand off of what the sticker would be on this configuration with a hardtop (41.5K.) If I am lucky I could 3K off a 2020 and the 2020 base cost is about 1k higher.
I got $6500 off of sticker on my 2020 JLUR without even trying that hard, and without Tread Lightly.

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
IF you even suspect you might ever want a hard top, get it with the jeep. It's much easier to get a soft top later than a hardtop, as there will be several options (but might take a little while for the JL to get the selection the JK has). Also, if you have the hardtop from the factory you are also wired and plumbed for the rear defrost, wiper, and washer ;)
I live in upstate NY. Exactly this.

Hard tops are not difficult to install. Should not be a worry. What I would focus on: Make sure the wiring has been installed and is working properly, AND is included under warranty as a dealer added option. If you're getting as good a deal as you say you are (and based on the numbers, I think you're doing great considering current market), I'd stick with it.

People worry too much because they think of Wrangler-based Jeeps as "regular cars" and while people may use them for that, they aren't regular cars. People have torn these dumb, boxy 4x4's apart and reassembled them countless times to make them into insane off road rigs and do far more complex and dangerous things than the commute the average Jeep will see in its life time. As such, there is plenty of info out there on how to fix or mod almost anything on them, and probably a shop that will help you out if you're not willing or able to give it a shot on your own. I've said it a few times in other posts: I got a decent deal on my Jeep. I like my Jeep. I've been playing with these big dumb boxy 4x4's for long enough and I know enough people/ shops that can help me fix it. If you're talking transmissions, engines, etc. that's a big deal on a new vehicle, yes. But if it's anything else? You can probably swing it on your own and do alright for the deal you're getting.
Sponsored