Sponsored

When the dealership checks to see if youve abused your jeep…

omnitonic

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys in Sarge Green
Occupation
truck driver
(Points to badging under the factory trail-rated badge … pulls out BoH app … starts showing highlight pix like a new proud father … delves into trail stories like we’re drinking buddies 🤩😱)
An image just flashed before my eyes. The robot from Lost in Space holding one of those trail honor badges, following me around frantically, repeating, "Unacceptable! Unacceptable! Unnnnaaacccceppptabble!!"

Something like this:
Jeep Wrangler JL When the dealership checks to see if youve abused your jeep… 1630256009897
Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
These are all official FCA marketing photos currently on display on Jeep.com and Mopar.com.

Doing ANY of these with/to your Jeep will be grounds for voiding your warranty.

Including, but not limited to: lifting your Jeep, removing the doors, mounting oversized tires, changing the air intake, crawling over rocks, straddling over mountain ridges, driving through deep mud, crossing fast moving rivers, and speeding through sand dunes.

Jeep Wrangler JL When the dealership checks to see if youve abused your jeep… Ad 1

Jeep Wrangler JL When the dealership checks to see if youve abused your jeep… Ad 2

Jeep Wrangler JL When the dealership checks to see if youve abused your jeep… Ad 3

Jeep Wrangler JL When the dealership checks to see if youve abused your jeep… Ad 5

Jeep Wrangler JL When the dealership checks to see if youve abused your jeep… Ad 8

Jeep Wrangler JL When the dealership checks to see if youve abused your jeep… Ad 9

Jeep Wrangler JL When the dealership checks to see if youve abused your jeep… Ad 10

Jeep Wrangler JL When the dealership checks to see if youve abused your jeep… Ad 12

Jeep Wrangler JL When the dealership checks to see if youve abused your jeep… Ad 15

Jeep Wrangler JL When the dealership checks to see if youve abused your jeep… Ad 16

Jeep Wrangler JL When the dealership checks to see if youve abused your jeep… Ad 18

Jeep Wrangler JL When the dealership checks to see if youve abused your jeep… Ad 19

Last edited:

Wbino

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL H.A. -- 1999 SLK 230
Occupation
Retired
Well around here in New Hampshire, people from Massachusetts come up here for vacation, and they think we are all toothless rednecks who only live to save them while they are on holiday. Many have Teslas. It used to be the Prius crowd, and now it is the Teslas. The ones I see like the prius owners of before drive like assholes.
You say you are far from assholes. There is truth in that statement. The assholes are all in the North East, far from Texas.
Did you take off your doors?
If not let one hit you on the way out.......

TrailScooter

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Jeep Jt, 91 F1504x4 and so on...
What exactly are they seeing? Last time i had a major repair under warranty they called and said they were checking for abuse. I was extremely anxious because i was just doing burnouts the week before. And my vehicle probably sees red line 30 times a day.

but all was good! So… what actually constitutes abusive driving? Driving in 4wd in 3rd gear with revs maxed out on the highway for 5 hours?

is there a name for this? Im curious to see what the mechanic sees during this procedure

Maybe?🥴

hqdefault.jpg

Killed by Death

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green 2021 Rubicon 2 Door
What exactly are they seeing? Last time i had a major repair under warranty they called and said they were checking for abuse. I was extremely anxious because i was just doing burnouts the week before. And my vehicle probably sees red line 30 times a day.
Hate to be the a$$hole here but burnouts & driving like you stole it? Are you 16? You bought the wrong type of vehicle!!!

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Hate to be the a$$hole here but burnouts & driving like you stole it? Are you 16? You bought the wrong type of vehicle!!!
Haha...! Shouldda bought this!
Jeep Wrangler JL When the dealership checks to see if youve abused your jeep… 1630259833667

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Wow. They put a mower blade under there to mow the grass??🤪
Luv the crooked license plate.

Now that’s being a REBEL!

OP
OP
LiveToWork

LiveToWork

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 3500HD
Occupation
Oil patch
Whats the point in slowly accelerating to the speed limit when you can get there much quicker and enjoy yourself doing it? Im not doing this in neighbourhoods or anywhere stupid.

rrubbee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JLU
I guess it would be fair to say the Jeep markets the Jeeps in abusive compromising positions....but if we find out you did that to your Jeep be advised you are sh*t out of luck when it comes to the warranty.

Abe

Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
If a tech is worried about billable rates and cash flows, something is not working.

The whole premise behind the independent dealer model is, among other things, that customers are insulated from the day-to-day problems of running an operation.
I was not clear. Techs get whatever they are handed. The Owner, general and service manager worry about the billable rates and cash flow. A service manager will almost always take in a retail customer over a warranty claim if they need to make their monthly quotas.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah. That right there shows the hypocrisy between Jeep’s marketing and FCA refusing warranty coverage for doing any of the things Jeep constantly shows in its marketing.
Every car company is probably guilty of that at one time or another. Chevy, Porsche, BMW, Subaru, Ford, etc, all advertise cars as track capable machines. Until something related ot not fails.

Last edited:

LITTLE WILLYS

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
unlimited willys
Did you take off your doors?
If not let one hit you on the way out.......
What the hell did you mean by that statement?

Killed by Death

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green 2021 Rubicon 2 Door
Whats the point in slowly accelerating to the speed limit when you can get there much quicker and enjoy yourself doing it? Im not doing this in neighbourhoods or anywhere stupid.
I didn't say drive it like a grandma....A Jeeps is simply the last thing that comes to my mind for burnouts...Like I said before, sorry to be the a$$hole but felt others had to be curious also...It's your Jeep and enjoy it by all means!!! And NO, hard driving is not abuse!!! I'm on your side on that one.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yes, I agree. I am not talking about the individual tech. I am talking the service department in general makes money from Warranty work. No, it is not gravy. Well sometimes it is. But for the most part it is not gravy, but it is work. Part of a tech's job is to take some bones along with the gravy. If we all only did the stuff we liked at work, we would never get anything done.
I should have been more clear. I was not talking about a tech being able to book what they want. Management dictates who gets what jobs and when. The service advisors and service managers have to average out warranty and retail jobs to meet their goals or quotas. It's not uncommon for larger dealers to have multiple service teams compete against each other. One service advisor might schedule a warranty repair 2 weeks out. And another might schedule the same job for the same day. Unfortunately the Techs take whatever jobs they are assigned. That can mean politics. A tech who does not get along with a service manager might not get as good jobs as one who does.
Sponsored