Sponsored

When ordering the Mopar leather seats they short you the leather dash.

cornercanyon

First Name
bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR, 2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
. . . realizing each day–
In the 2021 Rubicons the black leather came with red stitched leather seats, console, door panels and dash board with red plastic dash panels; dark saddle leather came with white stitched leather seats, console, door panels and dash board and grey dash panels; the Saharas came the same except the dash panels were matching stitched leather; the perforated leather seat option was always just the seats— edited
Sponsored

Last edited:

jlrubeinswaz

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
In the 2021 Rubicons the black leather came with white stitched leather seats, console, door panels and dash board with red plastic dash panels; dark saddle leather came with white stitched leather seats, console, door panels and dash board and grey dash panels; the Saharas came the same except the dash panels were matching stitched leather; the perforated leather seat option was always just the seats—
That's not how all the 2021 Rubicons came. Mine has all the stitching in red with black leather.

cornercanyon

First Name
bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR, 2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
. . . realizing each day–
That's not how all the 2021 Rubicons came. Mine has all the stitching in red with black leather.
My mistake: black came with red; dark saddle came with white stitching. You are right—

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
@JeepCares It baffles me why this is not marked clearly on the build sheet, online build tool, and known fully by dealers.
I agree! It's a bit malicious or a really gross oversight, because when I bought my Jeep in 2019 this was pretty well known right here on the forum and we spoke about it. I'm really glad I found out! At the very least, maybe they could allow you to stack the options?

AFAIK it costs about the same to install those seat covers aftermarket, so if you want custom leather I'd recommend just ordering the normal leather interior and then getting some quotes to have katzkins installed after the fact. I think you can order the exact same leather pattern - and there's tons of other options that I think I like better.

I'm sure it's better quality, but I admit I am super happy with the regular jeep leather. It's pretty soft and feels really nice. The only way I'd like the interior more is if they had cooled seats. xD

Creeker

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CJ-7, 2020 JLR
Build Thread
Link
When I ordered the 2020 JLR, I looked the "upgraded" leather seats, but opted for the regular leather seats. IMHO, dodge a bullet on that one. The dealer could not tell me what the difference was. It was only afterwards on this forum was it discovered the true meaning of those "upgraded" leather seats meant and what the difference was (i.e., more money spent to get less???). IMHO, this is a serious disclosure oversight by Jeep.

Sponsored

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Lol. Times sure have changed from the YJ, TJ and even JK eras.

I almost wish they had a "I wear onions on my belt and yell at clouds" JL version. No options, no carpet, no leather, a soft top, steering wheel and 4x4 system.

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

The "MOPAR Leather" options are basically factory-installed Katskinz. They build the whole Jeep first, then in accessories step the seat coverings are replaced.

That's why they start with cloth.

Yes, it's stupid, but no more stupid than forcing the fugly red dash/stitching on Rubicon's with black leather when they have the grey dash/stitching available with tan leather. I should be able to get black leather with grey dash/stitching without having to pay $4K (2K for factory tan leather + 2K for Katskinz to go back to black)

Reactions: AFD

ChuckQue

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Clubs

Wait, hold on. Are you saying if I ordered a Rubicon with the standard leather seats I’m not getting the stitched leather dash?

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
Wait, hold on. Are you saying if I ordered a Rubicon with the standard leather seats I’m not getting the stitched leather dash?
Yeah, I don't believe so. You'd definitely be getting the red plastic Rubicon dash and if the 22/23 online configurators are correct, we're not even getting the upper leather trim piece for the dash, just the arm rest, center console, steering wheel, etc.

Terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 2022 JLUR Diesel
She got a 21 JLUR with the Katzin and the dash panels are red. If you order a tan leather interior, you get black panels and if you get a Sahara you get the leather panels. Check the order guide, it will have all the available options and what goes with what.

Sponsored

musicforme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Rubicon X v6, Auto, Step-Assist Rock Rails
I get so lost in threads that mention leather trim and seats. I'm ordering a Wrangler in the next month or so.

So, when I place my order do I need to select both the Leather Trim AND the Leather seats options? Or just the Leather Trim?

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
The optional interior is listed as "leather trimmed". This option gets you the leather wrapped shift knob and parking brake handle and the premium trim panel. Leather trimmed means only the seating surfaces are leather, the rest of the seat is vinyl or leatherette. These kind of seats aren't nearly as nice as the other option.

The leather seat option gets you full, 100% leather for all of the seats' surfaces. They are much nicer than the other option. However, you don't get all of the other interior upgrades. These are made by Katzkin and are very high quality.

Honestly, Jeep lists what you get (or don't get) on their build site pretty clearly. Clever marketing by all manufacturers makes you think you get leather seats with the typical interior package.

I had the 100% leather seat option in my 2019 and I wouldn't trade them for the "leather trimmed" option just to get the other interior upgrades.

musicforme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Rubicon X v6, Auto, Step-Assist Rock Rails
The optional interior is listed as "leather trimmed". This option gets you the leather wrapped shift knob and parking brake handle and the premium trim panel. Leather trimmed means only the seating surfaces are leather, the rest of the seat is vinyl or leatherette. These kind of seats aren't nearly as nice as the other option.

The leather seat option gets you full, 100% leather for all of the seats' surfaces. They are much nicer than the other option. However, you don't get all of the other interior upgrades. These are made by Katzkin and are very high quality.

Honestly, Jeep lists what you get (or don't get) on their build site pretty clearly. Clever marketing by all manufacturers makes you think you get leather seats with the typical interior package.

I had the 100% leather seat option in my 2019 and I wouldn't trade them for the "leather trimmed" option just to get the other interior upgrades.
Thanks for all the details, is it possible to select both during a custom order then? It sounds like it, but I thought I recalled reading in the past that both couldn't be selected.

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
Thanks for all the details, is it possible to select both during a custom order then? It sounds like it, but I thought I recalled reading in the past that both couldn't be selected.
The '22 online configurator allows it (though it now switches to both blue and red stitching), but the '23 configurator doesn't allow it. Think you'd have to ask a dealer to find out for sure. The thought occurred to me as well, but it always seemed like a wasteful thing to do (just jack up the Mopar/Katzkin price a bit instead of half-assing the whole option).
Sponsored