Sponsored

When my cell phone rings through my stereo it sounds like the world is coming to an end

01tj

First Name
jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous 2001 Wrangler, Kia Optima, possibly 2018 Wrangler unlimited
How do I adjust my ring volume on my stereo. I have the cheap 5" unit and have looked in the settings and under the phone menu.
Sponsored

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Sounds silly but lower the volume when the phone is ringing. The Uconnect radios have different volume settings for different things. Most have to be adjusted when that particular thing is happening. When phone is ringing is one of them. When Uconnect voice is speaking is another.

JimmyR75

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2014 JK — Previous: 2004 TJ, 1994 YJ
I had a similar problem on my JK. Bluetooth music worked fine, but for the phone (through several gens of iPhone all the way to iPhone 11) the volume had to be at max to hear anything. Then, when the uConnect voice would say “call ended” it would nearly blow my eardrums out. Never did find a fix, sorry

shekmark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
My girlfriend always jumps out of her seat when the phone rings. Lol

Jeepney Johnny

First Name
Rico!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Is it because your other girlfriend is calling? Happens to me all the time. Just kidding. Actually, my girlfriend calls my old Chevy my other girlfriend. I think the Jeep is just a friend.

Sponsored

OP
OP

01tj

First Name
jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous 2001 Wrangler, Kia Optima, possibly 2018 Wrangler unlimited
I've about jumped out a few times, its pretty loud and always seems to happen when I'm zoned out

Steve JLUR

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GC Summit
I had a similar problem on my JK. Bluetooth music worked fine, but for the phone (through several gens of iPhone all the way to iPhone 11) the volume had to be at max to hear anything. Then, when the uConnect voice would say “call ended” it would nearly blow my eardrums out. Never did find a fix, sorry
See @jludave (#2 post). This works for almost all infotainment system’s volume regarding multiple input devices. At least it has for the Ford, BMW, Mercedes, Honda, Nissan and Toyota vehicles I have owned over the years.

JimmyR75

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@jludave @Steve JLUR thanks!... but the issue for me isn’t that the ringer volume is inappropriately loud. It’s loud because the volume is all the way up.

The real issue is that the actual call voice volume is barely hearable even at max volume. I’ve tried adjusting them separately, they won’t. Tried unsync, resync, resync at various volumes (including low volume when the stupid system voice feedback is talking), everything.

At this point just hoping it’s not an issue on the JL I ordered.

Steve JLUR

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GC Summit
@jludave @Steve JLUR thanks!... but the issue for me isn’t that the ringer volume is inappropriately loud. It’s loud because the volume is all the way up.

The real issue is that the actual call voice volume is barely hearable even at max volume. I’ve tried adjusting them separately, they won’t. Tried unsync, resync, resync at various volumes (including low volume when the stupid system voice feedback is talking), everything.

At this point just hoping it’s not an issue on the JL I ordered.
That is new to me. I have not experienced that situation ever, in any vehicle. I’m sorry I can not be of any help.

JimmyR75

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All good, it’s annoying but gives me an excuse to not answer the phone lol
Sponsored