When is the JL Facelift coming?

Howardlv22

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU EcoDiesel
I know this may not have an impact on their decision, and I love the JL but I do think that with the first real threat ( bronco ) in years and years, I mean a full blown 12% or so market share loss to the bronco might change the pattern from history. It’s a cycle, the vehicles with more competition are upgraded more frequently. With the bronco being a real threat to sales and community, jeep may do an uncharacteristic change this or next year for the interior only. They may upgrade the factory steering a bit and the infotainment as well as a new motor option.
Sponsored

Jeepn’

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Now they don’t just beep, they sometimes unexpectedly Slam On The Brakes. My GC does when going by an occupied turn lane if the road is curving, almost rear ended once. Take the long way home now when driving it to avoid such a spot. 😖
Man, It’s that kind if BS that makes me avoid safety add-on’s whenever possible. There was a way to disconnect/disable it on my Tacoma. But then the dash runs a Christmas light show.

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
Man, It’s that kind if BS that makes me avoid safety add-on’s whenever possible. There was a way to disconnect/disable it on my Tacoma. But then the dash runs a Christmas light show.
And if you had a serious accident that had an investigation and they found the safety equipment disabled?? I Shudder To Think! 🤔 sad but true

Swisskidd

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
57 Corvette, 23 JL Sport Base Earl
Occupation
Automotive Restoration
Now they don’t just beep, they sometimes unexpectedly Slam On The Brakes. My GC does when going by an occupied turn lane if the road is curving, almost rear ended once. Take the long way home now when driving it to avoid such a spot. 😖
DANG‼ My 2020 GC Laredo doesn’t have forward collision alert. And the ordered JL will be void of it also, along with all the other beeping nuisances.

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
DANG‼ My 2020 GC Laredo doesn’t have forward collision alert. And the ordered JL will be void of it also, along with all the other beeping nuisances.
Standard on 15 GC SRT and 21 392– no such problems with the 392, other than the beeping and has likely saved me once when some genius thought a parking lot was the Daytona 500. Some good with the usual annoyance.

Sponsored

JLUW75

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUW
Occupation
Engineer
Doubt it. The interior facelift was only done once within a Wrangler generation, the JK, because Fiat admitted it was garbage when they bought Chrysler.
ouch. you know it is shit when even FIAT is complaining about its poor quality! lol

JLUW75

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUW
Occupation
Engineer
Definitely agree it looks new/classic at the same time. Hoping the next generation offers the Hurricane motor and takes some of the 'good' of the Bronco.

What does the Bronco have I like:

USB/power on the dash for whatever ya have up there
Larger screen
Modern motor options
10spd transmission
I have a feeling the next gen will be EV only! At best, there will be a plug-in 4xE version and an EV version.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
I have a feeling the next gen will be EV only! At best, there will be a plug-in 4xE version and an EV version.
The US energy grid cannot support charging 200 million electric cars. The push for full electrification will slow rapidly as reality gets in the way of the unrealistic ideals being pushed.

The J)eepstate

First Name
Agent G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 3.6 Auto
Occupation
duck around and find out
The US energy grid cannot support charging 200 million electric cars. The push for full electrification will slow rapidly as reality gets in the way of the unrealistic ideals being pushed.

The US power grid cannot even support everyone running their AC in the summer in some of the regions that scream the loudest for electrification :CWL:
Meanwhile over here in Europe, everyone's 💩-ing their pants over whether there'll be enough electric energy to heat homes after so many heating systems have been replaced with greenwashed ones over the past decade.

Reality might yet get a seat at the discussion-table^^

Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
The US power grid cannot even support everyone running their AC in the summer in some of the regions that scream the loudest for electrification :CWL:
Meanwhile over here in Europe, everyone's 💩-ing their pants over whether there'll be enough electric energy to heat homes after so many heating systems have been replaced with greenwashed ones over the past decade.

Reality might yet get a seat at the discussion-table^^
Unfortunately, depopulation appears to be a primary goal of so called green activists. It wont work, but millions will die.

And I say this as someone who totally supports electric cars. I have one on order. It’s a high end product for the upper middle class to save on fuel costs, subsidized by the working class that cannot afford them.

lowmpg

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Not a chance with the Hurricane just being created.

Cutterone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara Sarge 6sp
If that were to come to pass, then I'll be purchasing a last model year JL to sit next to my 2021, run both until I'm wormfood...

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
ouch. you know it is shit when even FIAT is complaining about its poor quality! lol
Ha! Like Fiat is one to talk...!

Yes, Fiat gave us much nicer interiors, but their electrical systems suck!

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
Not a chance with the Hurricane just being created.
I suspect gasoline prices will dictate the pace of future Wrangler changes. If gasoline prices spike again and stay high or increase, 15mpg will become unacceptable to many and will drive electrification, especially as battery technology improves. Candidly the immediate future of the Wrangler may hinge on which party wins the white house in 2024. Not being political…just a fact.
Sponsored