First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
I'd like to see the following items where Bronco leads over Jeep:

1. Body mounted mirrors
  2. Frame-less doors, so one could essentially have half-doors (without having to buy them). With a frame-less door, you can put all 4 doors of a bronco into it's rear storage \ trunk area.
  3. Rear side hardtop windows should come out for all versions of the hardtop (like the Sky one-touch top does)
1– would expose expensive electric mirrors to trail damage and possible subsequent body damage, yes on cheap disposables (as mentioned),…..2– sounds good and would work on a 2dr, but the rear 1/4’th of the back windows cannot roll down without extending the wheel base……3– agree ( my deciding factor for getting SOT). I would like a roll down rear window with the SOT like my 4R had but that would require the lift up rear gate also, too bad.
Sponsored

Industrialwrench

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 SRT Challenger. 18 4Runner off-road premium.
Seems the JL is getting a bit long in the tooth, especially in the infotainment area... is there a facelift planned for '24?

Thanks
JC
Lol the thing is only 4 years old. My infotainment center works great, the only thing I’d want added is wireless apple play.

OP
OP

James Cole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Lol the thing is only 4 years old. My infotainment center works great, the only thing I’d want added is wireless apple play.
Yes…

There is space for a bigger screen so just adding the Grand Cherokee screen and Uconnect will work! It has better resolution too…

A Hurricane would seal the deal.

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
A “facelift” shouldn’t be due until 2027 or 2028. A mid-cycle refresh should have occurred for 2023, but Jeep made it clear that ain’t gonna happen.

The 20th Anniversary Rubicon is due out soon. Jeep already previewed a new grille for it. I’d expect the new grille to trickle down to other Rubicons, and perhaps to Sahara, a year later, along with new wheel designs and colors. But that looks like the extent of the changes.

With the plant running a full capacity and low inventory on dealer lots, Jeep has no pressure to change anything soon. Heck, Jeep still hasn’t even fixed the damn dual-battery problems that have been plaguing JL since day one!

SilentBanshee424

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Sport S, 2004 Moto Guzzi 750
What does the Bronco have I like:

USB/power on the dash for whatever ya have up there
Larger screen
Modern motor options
10spd transmission
The USB would be fantastic as well as better motor options, I don't really care for a larger screen (Not a big fan of screens in cars at all). But I completely disagree about the 10 Speed. The 8 Speed currently in the automatic is a gem of a transmission. The ZF transmission it's based off of is used in many luxury cars and is probably the best transmission on the market and in my experience riding in and driving Chrysler's version of it, its the only auto that makes me consider switching from a manual trans.

Xorak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hellayella Sport, 2023 Reign Sahara
18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 is 6 model years, and for most other cars that would warrant a refresh.

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

You

You almost had me, until you left out “heated gear shift knob” 😊
I'm still debating on ordering the Ebay link someone posted in that thread.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
The USB would be fantastic as well as better motor options, I don't really care for a larger screen (Not a big fan of screens in cars at all). But I completely disagree about the 10 Speed. The 8 Speed currently in the automatic is a gem of a transmission. The ZF transmission it's based off of is used in many luxury cars and is probably the best transmission on the market and in my experience riding in and driving Chrysler's version of it, its the only auto that makes me consider switching from a manual trans.
Yup. Plus the 2.0T, 4Xe, and even the fully revamped 3.6 V6, are more modern and have better durability record than Ford’s ancient 2.3T, and that self-destructing 3.0T.

Sponsored

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
The big uConnect screen is coming. It looks a bit different as it's significantly larger so they had to change the vents underneath it. They are orienting it horizontally not vertically like you see on Teslas or the newer Rams.

SilentBanshee424

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Sport S, 2004 Moto Guzzi 750
Yup. Plus the 2.0T, 4Xe, and even the fully revamped 3.6 V6, are more modern and have better durability record than Ford’s ancient 2.3T, and that self-destructing 3.0T.
I live in Florida and honestly, if they made a 2dr 4Xe I would jump on it. I love my manual in my current Jeep, but I only drive 20 miles a day usually. It would be perfect for me.

I personally really like the 2.0T Jeep offers and while the 3.6L is getting a bit old, it runs so well and I've been getting 23-24mpg with it which is better than almost any Bronco engine. As much as I'd love new offerings from Jeep, they really have a good setup right now.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
The big uConnect screen is coming. It looks a bit different as it's significantly larger so they had to change the vents underneath it. They are orienting it horizontally not vertically like you see on Teslas or the newer Rams.
Any idea when it’s supposed to hit the market?

NullNomad

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Wrangler Theater Mode

Jeep Wrangler JL When is the JL Facelift coming? 232A71B3-D00C-400D-9B4A-A07A3E0EFAAF

LKG

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLUR (soon), Gen 2 Cummins, 22 Sport Alt. R.I.P
I don't know about anyone else, but I think the JL is the best looking iteration of the Jeep Wrangler and I hope they keep the future changes to the interior alone rather than the exterior. I think we are in that sweet spot for great aesthetic appearance with practical size even in the 2-door, but think that Jeep should offer an option for vinyl floors and seats. Maybe they should make all Wranglers come standard with LEDs all around while making BSM and ACC standard. I personally thought the JK was beyond ugly inside and out so I can't complain about the JL hardly at all besides some small things. Just my $.02 for what it's worth.
Agreed %100, I can't put my finger on why but the looks of the JK never wowed me. The JL on the other hand is damn sexy if you ask me. If I'm not mistaken vinyl floor package just became available, good call. I would also be willing to bet the LED's, Uconnect 5 and a few other little improvements would have been standard on the 23 if not for manufacturing/supply issues.
Sponsored