Sponsored

When is the 2.0 Turbo REALLY Coming Out?

x3L

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 MOJITO! JLUR 2.0
Vehicle Showcase
Invoice on what I ordered is to the right , you should be able to get below invoice
The 50,319.14 unrelated or is that your actual? Must be, that's 6% under. Dang dude. I may have to make a drive to Chi-town if these guys can't get their heads out of their @55e5!!!
Sponsored

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLU black on black loaded with turbo engine
Occupation
Pipefitter
The 50,319.14 unrelated or is that your actual? Must be, that's 6% under. Dang dude. I may have to make a drive to Chi-town if these guys can't get their heads out of their @55e5!!!
That’s what I paid , no haggle no bs , call Jayson he will take care of You

Reactions: x3L

GoldenSky

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White JLU Rubicon 3.6
You guys have any good online sources to look up JL invoice price?
There is a ton of info here on msrp and invoice costs, just look thru the threads, it's what i had to do.

x3L

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 MOJITO! JLUR 2.0
Vehicle Showcase
What are your guys thoughts/opinions on towing with the turbo 4 vs the V6? Just a fishing boat/trailer?

Blood Type J+

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 TJ Sport 6-cyl
What are your guys thoughts/opinions on towing with the turbo 4 vs the V6? Just a fishing boat/trailer?
Either engine should be fine. The limit on tow capacity is the wheelbase rather than the engines. All signs point to the 2.0 being a better powertrain but reliability and cost (octane vs mileage, maintenance, $1000 upcharge) are still open questions. The 3.6 does great, is a proven platform and can be mated to a manual transmission.

Sponsored

GoldenSky

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White JLU Rubicon 3.6
Either engine should be fine. The limit on tow capacity is the wheelbase rather than the engines. All signs point to the 2.0 being a better powertrain but reliability and cost (octane vs mileage, maintenance, $1000 upcharge) are still open questions. The 3.6 does great, is a proven platform and can be mated to a manual transmission.
this ^^^

Ledpaddle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
By the time dealers actually get stock probably close. Many of us already ordered and expect delcivery in the late April to May timeframe. Later dealer stock orders probably will not be available for a test drive until June, July or later.
There is something else in this equation that is not being explained or considered. I ordered my 2L JLU on April 5th. It has been built for several weeks, but is still at status JS (shipped to storage). There is no explanation for it. It was rumored that the 2L engine was awaiting something from the EPA, but the EPA report came out last week. There are no 2L JLU's on any dealer lots yet, but a lot of them have been built. There is something else going on here that Jeep is keeping secret.
Sponsored