Sponsored

When is the 2.0 Turbo REALLY Coming Out?

Alan A

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Toyota Tacoma
When I went to my Jeep dealership today, they told me that the 2.0 Turbos will be coming out this summer. Is it true?
Sponsored

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLU black on black loaded with turbo engine
Occupation
Pipefitter
When I went to my Jeep dealership today, they told me that the 2.0 Turbos will be coming out this summer. Is it true?
I hope not I ordered one on Feb 16 supposed to be delivered in 2-3 weeks from now

Dbwy

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I ordered mine a few weeks ago. From the info gathered on the forums and production tracking, I'm thinking delivery should be in May sometime. Hopefully some will get theirs delivered in April (as Chicago stated).

FYI...before I placed the order, I went to my local dealership. They had one 3.6 Rubicon in stock. I asked when the 2.0 would be available. The sales person said "You don't want a 4cyl, and it won't be out until August. You should just take this one as is." That same sales person didn't know what the steel bumper upgrade was.

Don't believe everything a dealer tells you...

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pipefitter
I ordered mine a few weeks ago. From the info gathered on the forums and production tracking, I'm thinking delivery should be in May sometime. Hopefully some will get theirs delivered in April (as Chicago stated).

FYI...before I placed the order, I went to my local dealership. They had one 3.6 Rubicon in stock. I asked when the 2.0 would be available. The sales person said "You don't want a 4cyl, and it won't be out until August. You should just take this one as is." That same sales person didn't know what the steel bumper upgrade was.

Don't believe everything a dealer tells you...
He was just trying to make a sale , must work on some people lol

JLU_rubi18!

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep SRT Red Vapor, 2015 Jeep GC High Altitude Hemi 4x4
By the time dealers actually get stock probably close. Many of us already ordered and expect delcivery in the late April to May timeframe. Later dealer stock orders probably will not be available for a test drive until June, July or later.

Sponsored

GoldenSky

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White JLU Rubicon 3.6
Ordered a Turbo Sahara 2/10 about 1.5 days after they were available to be ordered. I sat patiently waiting since mid october when the 3.6 opened up for ordering. For dealers I'd expect by mid to late May before they get one on a lot.

While waiting i debated every day whether to go Rubi or Sahara. It wasn't an easy decision as both offer a lot.

x3L

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 MOJITO! JLUR 2.0
Vehicle Showcase
How are you guys ordering these turbo wranglers? I've talked with two Dealers now and they are clueless. They tell me they aren't in production yet/can't order them, build a 6cyl give me MSRP pricing, don't include the MOPAR accessories in the quote I requested etc. Lazy.

Do you guys get any reduced pricing off MSRP when custom ordering? Never ordered a vehicle before but when searching inventory it seems like some dealers are taking $3-$4k off MSRP and others just list at/as MSRP.

Thx.

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pipefitter
How are you guys ordering these turbo wranglers? I've talked with two Dealers now and they are clueless. They tell me they aren't in production yet/can't order them, build a 6cyl give me MSRP pricing, don't include the MOPAR accessories in the quote I requested etc. Lazy.

Do you guys get any reduced pricing off MSRP when custom ordering? Never ordered a vehicle before but when searching inventory it seems like some dealers are taking $3-$4k off MSRP and others just list at/as MSRP.

Thx.
I ordered a Rubicon with the turbo Feb 16 I believe it became available feb 8 or 9 , also you will get a better price on a order , I received 6% below invoice , 121/2 below msrp at Tyson motors in Joliet just outside chicago

6CDDA6F1-D864-48C7-B1C2-25A097A0D585.jpeg

Reactions: x3L

JLU_rubi18!

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep SRT Red Vapor, 2015 Jeep GC High Altitude Hemi 4x4

Thx.
Your dealer is ridiculous. I wouldn’t deal with them. I found a local dealer that was willing to do 4% under invoice based on another member telling them that many dealers were offering 4% under dealer invoice. That’s well below MSRP. You won’t find that deal for a Wrangler on the lot typically but ordering is the best way to get a discount.

2.0s are being built as we speak. Anybdelaer telling you that they can’t order it is not someone you want to do business with as : 1) they are dishonest 2) they are clueless. Call around and find a local dealer who will get you 3-5% under

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pipefitter
Your dealer is ridiculous. I wouldn’t deal with them. I found a local dealer that was willing to do 4% under invoice based on another member telling them that many dealers were offering 4% under dealer invoice. That’s well below MSRP. You won’t find that deal for a Wrangler on the lot typically but ordering is the best way to get a discount.

2.0s are being built as we speak. Anybdelaer telling you that they can’t order it is not someone you want to do business with as : 1) they are dishonest 2) they are clueless. Call around and find a local dealer who will get you 3-5% under
You are 100% correct that dealer just at trying to sell his inventory

Reactions: x3L

Sponsored

x3L

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 MOJITO! JLUR 2.0
Vehicle Showcase
You are 100% correct that dealer just at trying to sell his inventory
That's what's hilarious, neither of them even have a JL rubicon! smh, idiots. Well, I'm going to a third this weekend. Doesn't bother me if they don't want to sell one, I can go wherever I want and get one. Not like there's a Jeep dealer shortage???

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pipefitter
That's what's hilarious, neither of them even have a JL rubicon! smh, idiots. Well, I'm going to a third this weekend. Doesn't bother me if they don't want to sell one, I can go wherever I want and get one. Not like there's a Jeep dealer shortage???
If you order be prepared to wait 2 months , a lot of people are ordering them

x3L

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 MOJITO! JLUR 2.0
Vehicle Showcase
You guys have any good online sources to look up JL invoice price?