Sponsored

When is a trade in calculated with a custom order?

Punkā€™n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
If pricing is finalized when order is placed but you have a trade in, would the value be taken during order or upon delivery? Would the value change enough to matter? I know 4-6 weeks can change miles on a daily driver.
Sponsored

jeepn412

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jeep rubicon 392, 2005 wrangler LJ
My trade was decided when I placed the order. Dealer just said don't bring it to us broken. They took into consideration the miles I would be driving ect.

Pingbling23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara 3.6 eTorque
Run it on facebook marketplace for a few weeks. make more money. The dealer I used had no problems with me selling it or trading it in on the day of delivery. came out $2500 ahead before tax difference.

JeepFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport 2-door
If pricing is finalized when order is placed but you have a trade in, would the value be taken during order or upon delivery? Would the value change enough to matter? I know 4-6 weeks can change miles on a daily driver.
I would have it set in writing at the time of order; with a specified limit on the number of miles to be driven and contingent on no damage beyond normal wear and tear.

CJJLUR78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 Willys, and previously owner of a 85 CJ-7
Agreed with JeepFan. I had my dealer in September set the price in writing assuming the miles expected during the 6 wk process and they gave me a very fair price. He was about $500 below KBB high end price for a trade in value. I took delivery of my new JLUR two weeks ago and there were no issues. I had one dealer, before I ordered my Jeep, tell me that no one will take that risk on setting a trade in value. Obviously I didnā€™t go with him.

Sponsored

tts42572

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
I negotiated the trade in value at the time of the order and felt like I got a fair amount.

I even ran into an issue where I placed one order, then wanted to change some things and placed another order a month later. The dealer still honored my original trade in value which I felt was nice of them.

My car had like 3,500 more miles by the time I took delivery than it had when I placed my first order so feel like the dealer did pretty well for me.

GtX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
There are typically 3 separate and unique transactions that occur.

1. Negotiable purchase price of new vehicle.
2. Negotiate sale price of trade.
3. Negotiate purchase of financing product.

Dealer wants you to think of this as one transaction because they have more leverage.
Sponsored