Sponsored

When do you think we'll start seeing Special Editions?

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Hey folks,

When do you think we'll start seeing Special Editions of the JL?

How long after the JK was released did the first Special Editions come out?
Sponsored

MotorMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
I think the JL will release with more than 3 variants. Something similar to a Willy's as well as a "Winter edition." If not at launch, 2019 for sure. They sell a lot of Willy's so I don't see why they wouldn't do it off the bat.

RonH

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F-150, 2018 Granite Crystal Metalic JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Retired AF, Now Field Engineer / Site Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Edited because I read it wrong...

Dackel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU, Ram 1500
Hey folks,

When do you think we'll start seeing Special Editions of the JL?

How long after the JK was released did the first Special Editions come out?
Looking at the JK history is not going to be indicative of what we see on the JL since the first special edition I believe was in 2009 with the Rocky Mountain for Canada, then Islander, Mountain the following year and they just keep adding more each year.

Since they now sell a lot of these special packages and there's a big profit margin on it they will not wait 2 years like the JK. I would think first model year but not right away. There will be plenty of 2018 JK special editions on hand and the JL is going to be supply constrained due to the slow production rollout.

Sponsored

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
I've said it before, you can almost guarantee that there will be a Special Edition in the Spring for the Rubicon's 15th Anniversary.

I also expect a Winter one which may be called some trail/pass/park name, like Broken Arrow, Whipsaw, Highwood, Firebreak, Kicking Horse, Black River or Golden Bear / Golden Mountain edition or something similar.

And as mentiojed there will likely be the not so special but more regular 'editions' like the Willys and Freedom editions.

Acb36695

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 TJ
I just wish they would release a big bear edition for the 18' JL, almost purchased a 17' Big Bear but found out about the new body style right before I was going to purchase.

Last edited:

Novenom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford focus
I just wish they would release a big bear edition for the 18' JL, almost purchased a 17' Big Bear but found out about the new body style right before I was going to purchase.
Yeah I'm with you on the Big Bear I like the way you can option it out...I get everything I want in a Wrangler and keep the price under $40,000.
Sponsored