Sponsored

When did you do your first oil change.....?

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase
This is ridiculous.. If us.. as OWNERS, know more about the amount of fluids our vehicles require.. I've ALWAYS done my own maintenance. I take time.. I go slow but do everything correctly.

If a dealership over filled my crankcase I would be livid.
Sponsored

SamIam

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018JLUR in Mojito!, 2019 Ram Rebel, 2019 Honda Accord
Occupation
Retired Navy
I got 20k miles and change every 5k. OEM filter and Quaker state 0w-20. No issues. 29 smackaroos at Walmart and have the wrench and oil disposal can readily available. Takes 30 minutes and the satisfaction of knowing it is actually done. I do not trust dealers for maintenance. Just for recalls. Im enjoying mine a lot and maybe next year will get a Gladiator. Just praying this biological weapon the chinese used on the world is gone. Hopefully the world will unite and make them pay dearly for their recklessness...

SamIam

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Navy
I used KN filters before and it is a very high quality product. The oil I use is Quaker state because is less expensive and has all the SAE bells and whistles. I know Mobil one is highest quality but I like to save a buck here and there for the next upgrade.:jk:OlllllllO

Caleb75

First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Altitude
I dumped the factory fill at 1500 miles. I filled it with Rotella gas truck 0w20 and a NAPA gold filter. I just had my first official oil change at the dealership. I always bring my own oil and filter. Free oil change or not. I don't know what their bulk oil brand is so I bring my own. Filled it with Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 0w20 and a Fram Ultra filter.
My next oil change will be Amsoil XL 0w20
and a Amsoil filter.

Sponsored

SamIam

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Navy
Just checked engine oil yesterday and fluids and its all good down there. Just ordered my 2" lift and some 315-70-17 's just for GP(general purpose for you landlubbers). Next will come the stubby front bumper and the rear bumper with tire carrier. The auto steps should follow shortly thereafter. :turkey:

SamIam

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Navy
Rotella is mucho dinero:puke:

SamIam

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Navy
That is great. I will search more and get some coupons too. Hopefully some good will come my way. And I thought I was getting a bargain...:LOL:

JohnQSr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mojito Jeep Wrangler Sport S, 2 Dr.
Occupation
Retired Navy, Public Safety
I have 1800 miles on my new Rubicon JLR which an oil change appointment for this Friday... I have seen some Jeepers get an oil change like me as old school at 2k or 3k miles and the dealer said 7k...

So tell me what you did....

Miles?
Type of oil/filters?
Did you do the dealer freebee?
Why or Remarks?

If the forum owner (Bill?) could you make this a vote with comments. I see some folks talking about this and with more and more JL owners are getting to this point will need to know.
I just changed my new 2020 JL 6cyl, with 1100 miles.

Sponsored

SamIam

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Navy
I just changed my new 2020 JL 6cyl, with 1100 miles.
I think I did one of the freebies. But I don't trust dealerships. Knowing that I did it myself and getting oil and filter is just a bonding experience for me and my jeep. Then I go to Oreillys and dump the old stuff for free. And its really easy to do too. I enjoy it quite a bit. Check fluids, tire pressure, all the stuff that non-mechanics like myself do... makes you feel like a true SAE genius. LOL

SamIam

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Navy
I only use 0W20 for now. I don't know there is much difference with viscosity and such, but I only have 20k on mine. Maybe later in life after 75k could be, but not now. I use Quaker state synthetic and Mopar or KN filter(whichever is less). Normally, Walmart has it at a half way decent price. :jk:

Mikefly562

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon JLU in Granite Crystal Metallic
I have 4480 miles on my jeep and next week, I'm going on a 3000 mile road trip, so I'm taking the Jeep in tomorrow for an oil change and tire rotation. I've have the Jeep for 6 months now, so I figure its a good opportunity to have it looked over before going on such a long trip, especially since I'll be driving anywhere from rainy forest to hot deserts to high mountains passes, etc.

Caleb75

First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Altitude
I have 4480 miles on my jeep and next week, I'm going on a 3000 mile road trip, so I'm taking the Jeep in tomorrow for an oil change and tire rotation. I've have the Jeep for 6 months now, so I figure its a good opportunity to have it looked over before going on such a long trip, especially since I'll be driving anywhere from rainy forest to hot deserts to high mountains passes, etc.
Sounds like a good idea. Have a good trip, be safe.
Sponsored