Sponsored

When did Jeep's Quality Control go to crap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MyThirdJeep

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 JK
I am just about over Jeep, Mopar, and everything else FCA. I guess when you have a high demand product as the Wrangler coupled with a cult following, you can neglect quality and maximize profits until something forces you to change your ways (hello Bronco?).

2021 JLUR - my second 2021 JLUR in fact because the paint was so bad on the first one that i took it back 2 days later and had the dealership swap out for another. Fast forward 1900 miles later, my fenders and front grill are yellowing (heat dissipation from what I'm reading on the threads here) on my White JLUR with the 2.0 turbo. At this point, I expect my hinges to start rusting any day now.

The fender/grill yellowing is a known issue on white Jeeps and FCA just continues to pump them out as fast as possible without any corrective action. Same with the hinge rust on all model wranglers. Didn't FCA learn anything with the JKU? No change in processes, just make them as fast as possible and sell them to the masses.

Yes, I know my Jeep is under warranty, and FCA will fix it, get @JeepCares involved, yada yada. The point is that I dont want a lipstick/bandaid fix to an underlying problem. And reading the threads here, other forums, facebook, etc., most people are even more dissatisfied after the repaint.

I love my Jeep and the community but FCA is doing its best to ruin its icon. I am seriously considering taking advantage of this crazy market and getting out of my JLUR while i can minimize my losses. Looking at a 4Runner TRD Pro this evening.
Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Yeah you should probably get the 4Runner.

bigfoot21075

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2012 Ford F350
When did Jeep's Quality Control go to crap?
When World War 2 ended. Jeeps are not for everyone. You may be happier with a Taco or a Prius.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.