Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
This looks awesome. I really enjoyed my only trip to Rausch Creek last summer. It was my first wheeling trip and we stayed on the green trails. The trip I went on was sponsored by a local company named Offroad Consulting and was part of a 3 parks in 3 days weekend. Along with Rausch Creek we did AOAA and Famous Redding. My daughter and I had an awesome time at all three parks.
Nice report on our east coast park. I am going in November for a two day course at Rausch. Hope to hit some blues on day two. 3 hour drive for us so we stay over when we go.
Sponsored

OP
OP
wibornz

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Nice report on our east coast park. I am going in November for a two day course at Rausch. Hope to hit some blues on day two. 3 hour drive for us so we stay over when we go.
I will go back. It was a great time.

You should have a great.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Thanks for the nice report - it sounds like you had a great time.

Your point on being lucky due to your group is bang on. Drama can wreck a weekend fast.

jimim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 2017 Tahoe LTZ
I live an hour from here. I was talking about it to a buddy last week. Is their just trails to drive that we can go for the day and it’s clear driving that I could go with my wife and kids to get get off-road and not have any issues. I’m just stock rubicon and have zero crawling knowledge. I’m just used to logging trails pretty much.

I like reading your trip reports. They are always pretty epic.

shekmark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
I live an hour from here. I was talking about it to a buddy last week. Is their just trails to drive that we can go for the day and it’s clear driving that I could go with my wife and kids to get get off-road and not have any issues. I’m just stock rubicon and have zero crawling knowledge. I’m just used to logging trails pretty much.

I like reading your trip reports. They are always pretty epic.
You can download a map to your phone and follow green trails. Seems pretty easy that way. I didn’t know about the map download while I was there and felt lost a lot. With the map it all makes more sense and the trails are marked well. I did guided drives With Off Road Consulting And so far and for the $35 it is really worth it. Done two so far, one ar Rauschand one at Anthrocite. The trails seemed wider atRausch so less Pennsylvania pin strips.
Edit : The download is called Maprika. Go to the one listed as ski slopes, then pick your place. I just used it for a drive in the Jersey Pinelands and it was fantastic. I wanted to be safe because my daughter was following in her own Jeep.
edit: if you do the Jeep Badge of Honor app, trail 11 was cool and not scary at all, but we were following the guide.

Sponsored

OP
OP
wibornz

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
I want to do AOAA too.

OP
OP
wibornz

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
You can download a map to your phone and follow green trails. Seems pretty easy that way. I didn’t know about the map download while I was there and felt lost a lot. With the map it all makes more sense and the trails are marked well. I did guided drives With Off Road Consulting And so far and for the $35 it is really worth it. Done two so far, one ar Rauschand one at Anthrocite. The trails seemed wider atRausch so less Pennsylvania pin strips.
Edit : The download is called Maprika. Go to the one listed as ski slopes, then pick your place. I just used it for a drive in the Jersey Pinelands and it was fantastic. I wanted to be safe because my daughter was following in her own Jeep.
edit: if you do the Jeep Badge of Honor app, trail 11 was cool and not scary at all, but we were following the guide.
The mapping was great. It made the days of wheeling so much better. The fact that the trails were rated correctly was awesome to. We camp 99% of the time and the fact that the camping was open the night before the park opened was great. I contacted them at Rausch Creek by phone and then by email. They were super helpful over the phone and then they followed up with email.

It was truly a great off road park experience. I would encourage anyone to visit. Places like Rausch Creek deserve our support.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
I live just down the road from Rausch. I'll have to check it out.

I've "wheeled" at Famous Reading Outdoors. Four minus two. ;) I was there most recently on a below-freezing December morning. I might have enjoyed the JLs heater that day.

Jeep Wrangler JL Wheeling at Rausch Creek in Pennsylvania  Picture heavy and so vids. 1

Jeep Wrangler JL Wheeling at Rausch Creek in Pennsylvania  Picture heavy and so vids. 6

There's still some coal dust mud baked on that engine. Tough stuff! Good luck finding all of it on a Jeep.

Jeep Wrangler JL Wheeling at Rausch Creek in Pennsylvania  Picture heavy and so vids. 12

shekmark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
I live just down the road from Rausch. I'll have to check it out.

I've "wheeled" at Famous Reading Outdoors. Four minus two. ;) I was there most recently on a below-freezing December morning. I might have enjoyed the JLs heater that day.

Jeep Wrangler JL Wheeling at Rausch Creek in Pennsylvania  Picture heavy and so vids. 12

There's still some coal dust mud baked on that engine. Tough stuff! Good luck finding all of it on a Jeep.

No bikes and ATV at Rausch if Im right. Lots at Anthrocite. Fun watching them

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
No bikes and ATV at Rausch if I'm right.
Lots at [Reading] Anthracite. Fun watching them
To clarify, yes, I'd have a look at Rausch with just the JL in mind.

Sponsored

OP
OP
wibornz

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
They do not allow motorcycles and ATV or SxS at Rausch Creek. There is a separate park for those vehicles.

quietpeen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
nice review. I love rausch creek. It’s 1.5 hours drive away from me and I was just there the previous weekend. I still haven’t done crawl daddy though
Sponsored