Sponsored

Wheel Stud Length

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Do the rear wheel studs stick out further than the front? I installed wheel spacers and the spacers clear the front stock studs but do not in the rear. The studs extend a couple threads past the spacer.

I didn't think about it at the time, but now I am wondering if I recieved two different sized spacers...
Sponsored

JP18

First Name
J.P.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon
Do the rear wheel studs stick out further than the front? I installed wheel spacers and the spacers clear the front stock studs but do not in the rear. The studs extend a couple threads past the spacer.

I didn't think about it at the time, but now I am wondering if I recieved two different sized spacers...
Either that, or the spacer is not sitting flush on the rotors. If the center hole is not large enough, it will sit raised it from the wheel mount surface.

JP18

OP
OP
Carlton

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Either that, or the spacer is not sitting flush on the rotors. If the center hole is not large enough, it will sit raised it from the wheel mount surface.

JP18
The spacer is flush so I'm guessing they put the wrong spacers in the box from the factory. I'll have to take it back to the shop to have them take the tires off so I can measure...

JP18

First Name
J.P.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon
The spacer is flush so I'm guessing they put the wrong spacers in the box from the factory. I'll have to take it back to the shop to have them take the tires off so I can measure...
You've measured the studs from wheel mounting surface to tip, and compared front to rear, right?

JP18

OP
OP
Carlton

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
You've measured the studs from wheel mounting surface to tip, and compared front to rear, right?

JP18
No. I noticed yesterday at the tire shop. The wheel spacers in front extend about 1/8 inch past the stock studs. In the rear, the studs extend a about the same past the spacer. They didn't have a measuring tape to measure the spacers and said the studs are probably longer. I'm going to take it to the shop and have the tires removed to measure. Too cold and snowy to do it at my house.

Sponsored

Kenny

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl sports, 2015 JK Unlimited, 2013 JK @ Dr
Occupation
Village Idiot
Clubs

No. I noticed yesterday at the tire shop. The wheel spacers in front extend about 1/8 inch past the stock studs. In the rear, the studs extend a about the same past the spacer. They didn't have a measuring tape to measure the spacers and said the studs are probably longer. I'm going to take it to the shop and have the tires removed to measure. Too cold and snowy to do it at my house.
How long were the studs? Looking to get spacers

OP
OP
Carlton

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
How long were the studs? Looking to get spacers
I didn't end up measuring the studs. I did measure the spacers though. Front measured closer to 1 3/4 and rear measured closer to 1 5/8. Probably a machining variance. Same brand, same part number etc just slightly different sized. My wheels have cutouts so the studs extending past the spacer wasn't an issue.

Last edited:

Kenny

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl sports, 2015 JK Unlimited, 2013 JK @ Dr
Occupation
Village Idiot
Clubs

I didn't end up measuring the studs. I did measure the spacers though. Front measured closer to 1 3/4 and rear measured closer to 1 5/8. Probably a machining variance. Same brand, same part number etc jsutbslightly different sized. My wheels have cutouts so the studs extending past the spacer wasn't and issue.
Thanks

dlong1119

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Sahara 4xe (Billet), 21 Sahara 4xe (StingGray)
Vehicle Showcase
I know this is an old thread, but since it never got a definitive answer and I came across it while looking for info I figured I'd update it...

On my 2021 Sahara 4xe, the rear studs are indeed almost 0.1" longer than the front (from the face of the rotor). I measured the rears at ~1.67 (there is slight variance along the top of the stud) and the fronts at 1.58". My guess is they use the same stud but that the rotors are slightly thicker in the front, leading to less of the stud poking out.

For additional info, I took some careful measurements using open ended lugs and a set of 1.5" tall splined lugs have almost 1/4" of additional depth after installing my Rocktrix wheels, as well as the same on the previous Black Rhino wheels.
Sponsored