Sponsored

Wheel spacers install.... a long sad story....

OP
OP
brazos

brazos

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, Giant singlespeed mountain bike, Hobie Revolution kayak
Occupation
Dog Feeder
Good stuff man! All part of the experience. I remember putting a lift on my first jeep with as a kid, and realized I needed a spring compressor because I couldn't get enough droop to change out the coils...my dad was like, let me get an axe handle, we'll get it done :) All part of the "fun" :D
That is a GREAT story. Thanks. Iā€™m coming to realize that this whole Jeep thing really is an altogether different thing.
Late to the party, but sure am happy to be here.
Sponsored

Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara Unlimited Sting Gray
Occupation
Saving seconds saves lives. Trauma Surgery PA.
Got her done today. Learned a ton.
Little by little, I reckon. I donā€™t really mind paying $110/hour if I can be confident that Iā€™m getting a competent mechanic working on my rig, but recent experience indicates that Iā€™m more likely to pay that princely sum for a drug-addled teenager to make things worse.
Time to step up, I reckon.
Precisely why I installed my Mopar lift kit myself.
Not a mechanic and don't pretend to be one.
Lost trust and confidence in others after terrible lift install on my JK.
Read and watched videos and came up with a plan. Biggest obstacle was fearing I'd screw my Jeep up. Once I overcame that fear, I was ok. I've installed 4 more suspension lifts since. It's sort of fun working on your own Jeep and at the same time rewarding.

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

Spidertrax 1.75ā€. I ordered 1.5ā€ first, but they didnā€™t fit. Theyā€™re for JK and others. The JL has longer studs, hence the extra1/4ā€.
Also beefier studs, torqued to 130# instead of 90#. That was comforting to me.
The synergys are 1 5/8ā€ and the description says this is the minimum amount to clear the studs. I might go with those as i dont think i want the wheels to sit out that much. Youre on narrow tires now. It will be more pronounced if you go with rubi take off tires.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
The synergys are 1 5/8ā€ and the description says this is the minimum amount to clear the studs. I might go with those as i dont think i want the wheels to sit out that much. Youre on narrow tires now. It will be more pronounced if you go with rubi take off tires.
There is only 1/8 of an inch difference between 1.75 and 1 5/8. You won't notice the difference in regard to sticking out.

With the 1 5/8 spacers they did not clear the lugs in the rear. The lugs stuck out a bit further than the spacer. Didn't matter because my wheels have cutouts in that area though.

MojitoRubiJL

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Rubicon Mojito
Question - experienced spacers today for the first time changing pads and rotors on my daughters TJ. If you use red loctite (permanent) on the spacer nuts, how the heck will you ever get them off when itā€™s time for a brake job?

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 JT
Question - experienced spacers today for the first time changing pads and rotors on my daughters TJ. If you use red loctite (permanent) on the spacer nuts, how the heck will you ever get them off when itā€™s time for a brake job?
I always used blue...
Sponsored