Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
Going with red? Do you have black wheels? Ive kept everything black except the name is a silver so i was trying to avoid any other colors. I guess quality of product is more important than color, but dang i wish i could just get a quality set in black lol. I looked into painting and everyone seems to be iffy that painting will stay on and work.
we are keeping the stock wheels on hers. Ill just rattle can them black if i dont like the look

brett

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Are there any safety concerns with using wheel spacers? Do they compromise handling / off-road safety and performance?
If you buy a high quality wheel spacer and install them properly you will have no issues. On the Wrangler Forum a guy got into a bad crash. His whole wheel broke off while the spacer was still attached to the axle in one piece.

Sponsored

sprayingmango

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Moab
Occupation
Teacher
If you buy a high quality wheel spacer and install them properly you will have no issues. On the Wrangler Forum a guy got into a bad crash. His whole wheel broke off while the spacer was still attached to the axle in one piece.
Thanks, that makes me feel better. Just ordered Spidertrax spacers.

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
So maybe I'm missing something here, but why wouldn't JK spacers work? The wheels are interchangeable across many Wrangler years/models and the bolt patter is the same, so there shouldn't be an issue. If the lugs are a different thread size, just buy a set of appropriately sized lug nuts from Summit Racing or Quadratec. Unless I'm missing a variable it seems JK spacers should work. No?

As for safety concerns. The biggest thing you'll see is that you're turning radius will increase due to the increased track width. Not a huge deal, and the difference is very minor. Not really a safety issue as much as a convenience issue when trying to negotiate a tight trail or parking lot.
The other consideration is the scrub radius, which will increase with a spacer. However the addition of lager diameter tires will move it negative. It's not a 1:1 ratio so whether the scrub radius lands +/- or neutral really depends on the new tires, lift and/or spacers.
So why does it matter? The short version is that the scrub radius has an affect on how stable the vehicle feels when you drive it. It can also have an affect on tire life, but I suspect that impact is minor.

jordanblaze

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
I am currently not running any spacers but I've used Bora in the past and been very happy w them (wheel & hub centric w a lifetime warranty). More expensive than most...but they're black!

WhyUMad

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
I just ordered the Synergy 1-5/8" wheel spacers to give me Rubicon with Mopar Beadlocks a little more aggressive stance. Hopefully there's no trimming required & that the tires don't stick out too much.

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

Quadratec just started selling their own spacers. Theyre black. Seem like be rebranded G2s.

Edit: correction. Quads has little notches on the rear for when you need to remove them. Dont see that on G2s. Seems like a useful feature

Last edited:

Sponsored

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

Jeep’n Jay

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
So maybe I'm missing something here, but why wouldn't JK spacers work? The wheels are interchangeable across many Wrangler years/models and the bolt patter is the same, so there shouldn't be an issue. If the lugs are a different thread size, just buy a set of appropriately sized lug nuts from Summit Racing or Quadratec. Unless I'm missing a variable it seems JK spacers should work. No?

As for safety concerns. The biggest thing you'll see is that you're turning radius will increase due to the increased track width. Not a huge deal, and the difference is very minor. Not really a safety issue as much as a convenience issue when trying to negotiate a tight trail or parking lot.
The other consideration is the scrub radius, which will increase with a spacer. However the addition of lager diameter tires will move it negative. It's not a 1:1 ratio so whether the scrub radius lands +/- or neutral really depends on the new tires, lift and/or spacers.
So why does it matter? The short version is that the scrub radius has an affect on how stable the vehicle feels when you drive it. It can also have an affect on tire life, but I suspect that impact is minor.
The reason the JK spacers don't work is the studs on the JL are bigger diameter. M14 I believe, the JK had 1/2 inch. Reason I know this is I bought some JK ones thinking they would work, they don't.

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
Ah, that makes sense. So I'm assuming that since the studs are a 1/16" bigger than the JK's there's not enough clearance in the holes.
I guess if someone really wanted to they could open the holes up to fit, but that'd be something you'd likely only do if you already had a set. Otherwise you'd obviously want to order a JL specific set.

CrimsonGhost138

First Name
Raffaele
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler unlimited Sport
Quick question for you guys, I’m new to the Jeep community.i have a JLUS. I just purchased some JK Sahara wheels and have tires coming soon. I wanna run the 1.75 spacers, do I need to buy different lug nuts or will the stock ones fit fine? Also the wheels should mount up right?