Sponsored

Wheel Spacer Question on Sport S w/ Takeoff Rubi Wheels and Suspension

LaunchMedia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon 2 Dr.
84deb3b1-d1ff-4434-8281-aee35cfd160e-png.png
I have a 2 Door Sport S with a soft top. Added take off Rubi wheels and tires, steel front bumper, rock rails and steel skid plate.
Will be adding take off Rubi suspension (from a 4 door hard top), a rear steel bumper, trailer hitch, a winch and winch plate.
I suspect the end result will be a small gain in clearance from the Rubi suspension even with the additional weight that I have, or will be adding, in these changes.
I am trying to decide on 1.5” wheel spacers and would appreciate any thoughts, experiences and, as always, photos. My understanding is that the rubicons have slightly wider axles than the sports and I like the appearance with the wheels pushed out a bit. I’m worried that if I put the spacers on they could result in rubbing on the fender flares as the sport s fenders are lower than the rubicons or that I might create a rubbing issue elsewhere that I’m not considering.
Thanks for any helpful thoughts.
Sponsored

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Don't worry, you won't rub with Rubi take off wheels and tires. It is a matter of clearance between tire and front LCAs/tie rod, has nothing to do with lift in this case.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
For wheel spacers I'd go with Spidertrax or Synergy. They are the top tier brands for wheel spacers. Spidertrax comes in 1.75 and Synergy 1 5/8.

OP
OP

LaunchMedia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon 2 Dr.
For wheel spacers I'd go with Spidertrax or Synergy. They are the top tier brands for wheel spacers. Spidertrax comes in 1.75 and Synergy 1 5/8.
I couldn't find where Synergy are made. Do you by chance know?
Thanks for the response.

OP
OP

LaunchMedia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon 2 Dr.
90% certain that they are made by Spidertrax and rebranded as Synergy.
Thank you. I just sent Synergy an email asking where they are manufactured. The Synergy are much less expensive than the Spidertrax so I am inclined to go that route. Just want to have as much faith in the product as possible considering it's function.
Sponsored