Wheel/Rim Size Confusion

Derchfl62

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Sahara Altitude
I’m sure you guys are sick of these conversations. Just bought my first Jeep and planning the lift, wheel, and tire upgrade. The model is a 2020 Sahara Unlimited. I have been reading and watching videos as well as shopping.
I think I have decided on a 2” MOPAR lift, 18x10” rims and 33” tires. Then last night I was on Extreme Terrain’s website and they were saying you can put 35” tires and 18” wheels on a Jeep with no lift. That is not what I have been watching and reading. Which is it?? Very confusing for a beginner.
Sponsored

quietpeen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
you can definitely put 35's on a Rubicon with no lift, but not sure on the Sahara.

I also agree that 33's will look way to small with the mopar lift. That ift gives more lift than the advertised size. Some people have gotten 3" of lift from what I have read

Sponsored

Jerrybizzle

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Tech
35s on 17s for most tire option choices. If you’re in to the bigger wheels then you can go with whatever size you end up liking.

shekmark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
Is 10in pretty wide for a rim isn't it? A lot of people put 12.5 wide tires on stock 7.5 rims. I am looking at 8.5 or maybe 9. A 18 inch looks good with bigger tires, most guys go with 17 tough I think. I guess if your spending big bucks on wheels you want them to show a little more. I see 20 in rims with 37 tires and I like it. Search around. if you are not off -roading, maybe 35's are OK for non Rubicon.

OP
OP

Derchfl62

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Sahara Altitude
Yes, your are correct. Sorry, I think I'm blurting out wheel and tire sizes in my sleep!!!
Sponsored