salkire

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Hi all!
First time posting and first time Wrangler owner and I'm absolutely loving the JL. Anyway, I'm looking to do a wheel swap to upgrade to the rubicon wheels. My question is:
What is fair price to list my current wheel-set?
5 tires - Goodyear Wrangler All-Terrain Adventure 245/75R17 on Tech Silver Aluminum wheel (~6000mi)

I'm estimating to list them around $800 thinking someone will want to negotiate. I'm completely new to this so I don't really know who to ask.

IMG_3701.JPG
Sponsored

PacNWJLGecko

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
I think it varies a lot based on location, but just as an example I bought 5 rubicon wheels in Seattle for $900. They had been posted for about a year already too before I bought them.

daveprice7

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport 2DR, 2020 Willys 2DR
Occupation
Nerd
I purchased a set of the Sport S wheels with Goodyears (same as yours) with < 1000mi on them, TPMS included, still mounted and balanced, for $500 (Portland, OR) about a year and a half ago off of Craigslist. I doubt I would have paid much more than that.

Knowing what I know now, I wouldn't have got them at all - I really don't like those Goodyear tires, but that's just this guy's opinion.

The wheels are what they are - they're too narrow for larger tires and they look like a generic painted silver wheel. They're fine if you want to stick to OEM size tires (which I do). Aftermarket wheels are not very common in narrow sizes, but I can't imagine anyone would want this wheel except the poor slobs with the minivan steelies that come on Sports (I was in this camp).

Your buyer is likely going to be a base model Jeep buyer who was too poor or too cheap to spring for a Sport S (like me! ;)), so I would expect they'd only open their wallet for a bargain.

OP
OP

salkire

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
I purchased a set of the Sport S wheels with Goodyears (same as yours) with < 1000mi on them, TPMS included, still mounted and balanced, for $500 (Portland, OR) about a year and a half ago off of Craigslist. I doubt I would have paid much more than that.

Knowing what I know now, I wouldn't have got them at all - I really don't like those Goodyear tires, but that's just this guy's opinion.

The wheels are what they are - they're too narrow for larger tires and they look like a generic painted silver wheel. They're fine if you want to stick to OEM size tires (which I do). Aftermarket wheels are not very common in narrow sizes, but I can't imagine anyone would want this wheel except the poor slobs with the minivan steelies that come on Sports (I was in this camp).

Your buyer is likely going to be a base model Jeep buyer who was too poor or too cheap to spring for a Sport S (like me! ;)), so I would expect they'd only open their wallet for a bargain.
Thanks for the honest answer!
Sponsored