Wheel Offset pics with 35 x 12.5 R17's

Laz

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Quite the dilemma here. My Teraflex lift says I need 4.5" backspacing. Not sure how strict that is. In NH, there is also no wheel bumping but I am just trying to keep tread under my Sahara fenders. I can get away with sidewall. I believe my options are pretty limited. Ideally would like the Mopar Bead Lock Capable or AEV Borah but they are a bit out of my price range.

That being said, I would love to see some side view pics and know what offset you have so I can narrow my decision. I am looking at 17 x 8 or 17 x 8.5 wheels. Pics appreciated.

Thanks

Tom
Sponsored

OP
OP

Laz

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
What do you mean by “ in New Hampshire there is no wheel bumping” ?
Sorry by bumping I meant the wheels cannot stick out past the fenders. From what I’ve been told anyway.

OP
OP

Laz

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Oh ok, yes you’ll definitely rub at full turn with any higher backspace than 4.5. You can adjust your turn stops to a point, but you won’t be able to turn as sharp. If you can’t let the tire stick out a little past the fender, you’re definitely going to be limited on choices.
So what are my options? I cant be the only one with this dilemma haha.

Sponsored

quietpeen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
So what are my options? I cant be the only one with this dilemma haha.
Most people probably ignore the state regulations. My state doesn’t “allow” wheels past fenders either and I have done it for years with no issues

OP
OP

Laz

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Most people probably ignore the state regulations. My state doesn’t “allow” wheels past fenders either and I have done it for years with no issues
Yeah that kind of what I was thinking. I just need to find an inspection station that will look the other way haha

rajinator3000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
A really clean looking wheel that I originally bought and then changed my mind on was the icon alloys rebound in a 17x8.5 -6 mm offset. I think that’s a 4.5 in backspace and should keep it relatively tucked under the fenders. I’m now running 20x10 -24 mm moto metals and they stick out about 3ish inches.

TrewJL

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Occupation
CEO
What about mudflaps to cover the edge of the tire sticking out past the fender. That's what i've done.

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

Get some rubi fenders. They should be wider than sahara due to the wider axles.
Theyre .5” wider than sport fenders.

OP
OP

Laz

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
A really clean looking wheel that I originally bought and then changed my mind on was the icon alloys rebound in a 17x8.5 -6 mm offset. I think that’s a 4.5 in backspace and should keep it relatively tucked under the fenders. I’m now running 20x10 -24 mm moto metals and they stick out about 3ish inches.
Nice, those are hub centric as well. even better!
Sponsored